Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

A glitch I don't quite recall??? - Page 1

A glitch I don't quite recall???

Posted by: dream_wolf989
Date: 2007-06-27 13:08:08
Well, this one happened to me once, and only once, still it was interesting.  I was playing pokemon Blue(but I'm pretty sure Red could do this also), and I did "Something".  I don't know what I did, but afterwards I walked to the pokemon center, and without realizing it, I accidently released my Blastoise.  Then what happened is, I said "Screw it, I'll just level my best guys up before fighting the elite four."  So as I was surfing through the path to the elite four, a creature attacked me, and it was a level 179 Blastoise, with all the moves from the released blastoise.  My character name was set at "Mike", so it couldn't have been that.  *shrugs* Anybody know what this is?  Or if you have encountered it or anything of the sort?

Re: A glitch I don't quite recall???

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2007-06-27 13:21:02
Hmmm actually no I havent but here at GCL we always screw something up like that. But anyway I dont know HOW this happened but Blue version and red are pretty buggy [and glitchy] i dunno but…i'll think of somethin

Date: 2007-06-27 13:21:44
ACTUALLY!
You may of used the Old man glitch…or the Ditto trick on  accident I doubt the Old Man  trick but…whatever

Date: 2007-06-27 13:25:42

ACTUALLY!
You may of used the Old man glitch…or the Ditto trick on  accident I doubt the Old Man  trick but…whatever

hmm…guess the only thing to do it try^^.  I never thought this would happen, heck, I don't even think you're supposed to run into anything in the water over there, which makes this quite the confusing one, wouldn't you agree?

Date: 2007-06-27 13:29:44
Hmm I would think its the ditto trick because you level  up a hex pokemon to what pokemon you want right? [idk what Blastoise's Hex is though..]
and well..uh well read the article on the ditto  trick!! XD

Date: 2007-06-27 13:36:12

Hmm I would think its the ditto trick because you level  up a hex pokemon to what pokemon you want right? [idk what Blastoise's Hex is though..]
and well..uh well read the article on the ditto  trick!! XD

*ponders*…that COULD be it…but the odds are pretty slim…especially after when I caught it, it had all the moves my old one had.  *shrugs* Still though, I suppose it is possible….and I thought the ditto tricks always makes them between levels 1-7 O_o

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-06-27 13:46:15
It could have been an echo of the RAM.. People do say that released Pokemon do appear in the wild, though I think it is fake.
Either it was some sorta strange corruption that magically made deleted data appear, or it was all a dream.

Date: 2007-06-27 14:13:58

It could have been an echo of the RAM.. People do say that released Pokemon do appear in the wild, though I think it is fake.
Either it was some sorta strange corruption that magically made deleted data appear, or it was all a dream.

umm…I'm gonna go with strange corruption, because after one fight, he went back to level 100, and I was able to transfer him into my Gold version….which is…dead…

now I remember…

WARNING!!!: IF YOU EVER SEE A BOOSTED LEVEL POKEMON APPEAR IN ONE OF YOUR ACTUAL CARTRIDGED GAMES, DO NOT CATCH AND TRANSFER IT!!!

I don't know what happened, but a few days after I transfered Blastoise into my gold version, the game would never work again…

Date: 2007-06-27 14:15:26
wait.
what do you mean by
'it wouldnt work'