Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Weird glitchmart in Yellow - Page 1

Weird glitchmart in Yellow

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2007-07-04 06:23:54
While I was randomly entering Gameshark codes, I found an item with a hex of 74 (whose real name is too long for me to remember). Conveniently enough, I couldn't afford it. However, after the 'You don't have enough money' message came up, the entire background was changed to 'Zowayix' repeated over and over. Then when I exited the shop menu, I got into a battle. A Metapod appeared (it was a fish apparently) and was poisoned. I didn't even send out any Pokemon somehow. When I selected Fight, nothing happened, so I selected Item and I automatically threw one of my Master Balls. Then it said I caught a Ditto.

In conclusion, WTF

Re: Weird glitchmart in Yellow

Posted by: flygonlover
Date: 2007-07-04 14:58:51
I completely and totally agree.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2007-07-05 02:12:32
Even more strangely enough, I can't seem to replicate this.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-07-05 03:09:13
A Metapod appeared (it was a fish apparently)

THE HOOKED METAPOD STRIKES AGAIN

Posted by: Jesus
Date: 2007-07-08 16:09:36
Nice. If you catch a M and then choose to give it a nickname, bet then decide not to you stay in battle with it, but if you catch it again it's a ditto.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-09-19 14:40:27
Hence the almighty mascot of the forums! But seriously, this story should be more visible. I didn't know what it was about 'till now. ^-^

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2007-09-20 10:30:29
Hahaha, why did the Metapod think it was a fish? :P

In all seriousness, that's just plain weird. And cool. Good luck replicating it.

And hooked Metapods so rock

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2007-09-20 15:10:07

While I was randomly entering Gameshark codes, I found an item with a hex of 74 (whose real name is too long for me to remember). Conveniently enough, I couldn't afford it. However, after the 'You don't have enough money' message came up, the entire background was changed to 'Zowayix' repeated over and over. Then when I exited the shop menu, I got into a battle. A Metapod appeared (it was a fish apparently) and was poisoned. I didn't even send out any Pokemon somehow. When I selected Fight, nothing happened, so I selected Item and I automatically threw one of my Master Balls. Then it said I caught a Ditto.

In conclusion, WTF

That sounds like an effect of a corrupted gameshark code.  The code could have got corrupted in the RAM somehow but, hard to tell what happened.

Date: 2007-09-20 15:37:59
Do you remember the code anyway? (}O

Posted by: MissingNO. #1 Master
Date: 2007-09-21 08:00:12
And which Pokemon Mart you were at?

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-09-21 11:02:14
In my Red/Blue Itemdex experiments, the Hooked Metapod is a direct effect of using a glitch item.

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-09-21 13:55:46
Oh…so that's where the Hooked Metapod comes from…

Posted by: d3ad connection
Date: 2007-09-22 09:58:01

In my Red/Blue Itemdex experiments, the Hooked Metapod is a direct effect of using a glitch item.

Yet, I can't replicate it. It just crashes…

Date: 2007-09-22 11:41:45
What item is it?

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-09-22 11:59:44
Hang on, I'll go look it up in the Itemdex. I'm sure it's there.