Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Base stats for female symbol glitch! (and additional info on Q glitch) - Page 1

Base stats for female symbol glitch! (and additional info on Q glitch)

Posted by: TM56
Date: 2007-07-25 17:20:14
Hey all, I just joined the forums recently but I've been browsing around GCL for quite a time. Anyway that's not important. By using the Q glitch, I was able to find out the base stats of the female symbol glitch. It probably works with other glitches as well (I'd be surprised if it didn't). Anywho, here's the sweet stuff:

Female Symbol Base Stats:
HP - 134
Attack - 139
Defense - 132
Speed - 145
Special - 80
Total - 680

I've already caught a couple of these glitches and none of them so far has frozen my yellow version, contrary to the documentation of it on GCL. It does however lag a bit when you encounter it. It usually unlags/unfreezes when I randomly press the A and B buttons. I traded the glitch to my blue version right after I caught it, then leveled it up via rare candies to level 50. Since the glitch becomes the Japanese symbol glitch in blue version, I had to trade it back to yellow, feed it another rare candy so that the game recalculates its stats using its own base stats, and finally note down the stats at level 51. Then I used Q to hybridize the glitch to any pokemon (Diglett in this case) and I evolved the Diglett with a rare candy. The game will stabilize the hybrid and calculate Dugtrio's stats using Dugtrio's base stats and the IV's of the glitch. I calculate the IV's, then put it back into the stat equation. After a couple of guess and checks, I found the base stats of female symbol glitch! This trick should work with all, if not most, of the other glitches. Just replace the female symbol with the glitch of your choice and calculate the base stats that way. I found out this works when I hybridized the wrong Magneton (with pathetic IV's) on my Eevee. After a couple more experiments I found out which data changes via the Q glitch. I will make another post about this so that this post doesn't become too long.

Glitches Rock!

Re: Base stats for female symbol glitch! (and additional info on Q glitch)

Posted by: blitzer
Date: 2007-08-11 23:40:11
How can you use the Q glitch to find out the base stats of Pokemon?
EDIT:oh it already says.

Re: Base stats for female symbol glitch! (and additional info on Q glitch)

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-08-28 15:56:54
It's strong! That's the total for Rayquaza!(and many others similar)