Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Have you glitch researchers tried... - Page 1

Have you glitch researchers tried...

Posted by: Vito
Date: 2006-05-13 00:00:52
Evolutionary stones to evolve glitches?

Its possible isn't it? Especially with the hybrids.

Re: Have you glitch researchers tried...

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-05-13 00:21:21

Evolutionary stones to evolve glitches?

Its possible isn't it? Especially with the hybrids.

It's something I thought of, and I might give it a try.

Posted by: GlitchManic
Date: 2006-05-13 00:28:52
Or trade eveloution …

Vito - that's a good idea!

:o

Posted by: ACE91
Date: 2006-05-13 00:42:17
I've tried Evolution Stones on quite a few Glitches, and nothing worked. From my rudimentary knowledge of the game's HEX data (mostly from what I've read of Okk's research on TRSRockin), however, I beleive that some Glitches could have Stone evolution data that specifies an item other than an Evolution Stone. The problem is, using a non-Stone item won't evolve the Glitch, even if the item's HEX number does match the evolution HEX number. There is one other way to do it, though…

Some of you may have seen reports on TRSRockin of a glitch that makes Pok?mon that evolve by Stones evove by leveling instead. TR Rose determined that this happens when the Pok?mon below the one that evolves with a Stone has the same HEX number as the stone used to evolve the Pok?mon. I have tested this and verified that it works, meaning that if a Glitch Pok?mon evolved by an "Evolution Stone" of a HEX number besides that of an existing Stone, you could simply put a Pok?mon with the same HEX number as the HEX number of the required "Stone" below it in the party list, and then level up the Glitch Pok?mon once, and it should evolve.

However, testing this would be grueling and time-consuming, and would probably turn up nothing. The best way to determine if any Glitches evolve this way would be to look at the HEX code of the game, if someone actually knew how to read it. (Okk, perhaps, if we could convince him.)

Especially with the hybrids.

Not exactly. The Hybrids don't retain their evolution data from the normal Pok?mon. I tried to evolve an a (Poliwhirl Hybrid) with a Water Stone, and it didn't evolve. If it retained the evolution data, it would have evolved into a Poliwrath.