Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Making use of .4's glitch move to create some nice glitches. - Page 1

Making use of .4's glitch move to create some nice glitches.

Posted by: The Shadow Knight
Date: 2007-08-31 09:42:53
First of all I'd like to say hi since this is one of my first posts,I've been doing some lurking though.Now to the good part.

This is a glitch I've done a lot,I haven't seen any mentioning of it on any board so perhaps it's unknown to the world of pok?mon glitch hunters.

What you need is,like the title says,a .4(look in the glitch dex to see how to get it).The trick of making this work is replacing .4's super glitch move with any other move it can learn.(level up or HM/TM)
When you replace the super glitch move make sure it says .4 forgot how to use [insert random real move]* and not something like "the pok?mon grew to lv x" or "what move?"This is a 100% fail proof check to see if you've done it correctly.(it seems to help if you look a a pok?dex entry before attempting to remove the super glitch move.)NOTE:If you cancel replacing the move during he process you will end up stuck,the character won't be able to move since all map tiles will have been overwrittten with the right tile of a house.

*it will say somthing like ".4 forgot how to use psywave"

Effects and how to use:
-first of all your name will be completely mixed up so you'll have do some scrolling to use the commands in the start menu.
-don't attempt to look at your pok?mon it will instantly freeze the game
-after a while the bag will glitch up and become unusable
-while walking you'll notice you'll have poisoned team members wich will faint occasionaly
-the music will start glitching up,some areas,however,seem to be unaffected by this.
-some of the map tiles will glitch up,allowing you to access areas where you normally couldn't go to,examples:where chansey is in fushia city,behind the stones in the water on the routes next to cinabar island and (lol) in the grasses behind the stones in route 1.
-your pok?mon will be transformed to glitch pok?mon but you'll only be able to use the first one since any attempt to access the pok?mon screen freezes the game.It's always lv 127 with the same cry and moves that either random or determined by location HEX(I think)
-trainer battles will usually be of the ZZAZZ type(your sprite with Charizard 'M) with occasianally(mostly on yellow) a trainer with different glitched up pok?mon.
-wild battles are normal,however,after the battle some glitches will level up and evolve,after all the evolution sequences you are transported into a completely glitched up random area (not sure if it's random or not).
-pressing start with glitched tiles in view will show what tiles they actually are since they never look like what they are supposed to be.
-I haven't tried saving while doing this yet.(haven't actually done this on a emulator yet)

This probably looks pretty boring like this but you should try it,it's one of the most interesting glitches without Gameshark I've ever done.
I'll post some screens later.

(I'm really sorry for posting this if this is common knowledge)

Re: Making use of .4's glitch move to create some nice glitches.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-09-01 13:10:25
''forgot''? that's a weird beta thing. Cool. :) ;) :D

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2007-09-03 18:09:42
Yeah, it's certainly interesting. Though I would think that getting rid of the superglitch move would normalize things, not make them glitchier…then again, this is the move that can mess up your game just by putting the cursor on it, right? 

Posted by: d3ad connection
Date: 2007-09-03 18:21:36
Just by seeing it's name can mess things up…

Date: 2007-09-03 19:38:10
How can it do that though? Mess up your game just by seeing it? O_O;

Date: 2007-09-04 17:56:47
Yep. Not sure why it does it though.

none

Date: 2007-09-04 17:58:57
this is very simillar to the ZZZZZZZAZZSDZZ glotch, isn't it

Date: 2007-09-04 19:45:58
Yeah, in some ways it is…would this delete your game file, though?

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-09-04 20:13:50

this is very simillar to the ZZZZZZZAZZSDZZ glotch, isn't it

Glotch? ZZZZZZZAZZSDZZ Glotch? Don't you mean the ZZAZZ Glitch?

Date: 2007-09-05 06:18:50
Yes, he did, it was just a typo >_>

Date: 2007-09-05 14:34:31
Yeah ;) plus, it's much more than ZZAZZ anyway, so I put ZZZZZZZAZZSDZZ, 'cause that's more what it really is. By the way I'm still laughing at "glotch" :D

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-09-21 14:26:48

Yeah, it probably would. I have seen quite a few occurances where saving .4 into a game file deletes the game.

Some more additions, I hear that trying to heal your Pokemon at a Pokemon center crashes the game, trying to get your mother in Pallet to heal your Pokemon glitches up the whole room, and clicking A on the TV in your house causes some freaky screwed up music to play and a very glitched up text box to appear. The TV part is true. There is (or was, it doesn't work anymore) a video on Team Rocket's Rockin' that showed this. As I said, it doesn't work anymore, but I saw the video once when it did work, and I fell out of my chair, it was that scary. (Not dissing Glitch City Forums, of course)

So, overall, I conclude that .4 is a cool but very scary and very harmful (can be) glitch.

Date: 2007-09-22 12:54:26
Also, I believe .4 can cause some of your Pokemon to magically transform into another Pokemon. Example: a Charizard that becomes a Haunter.

Posted by: The Shadow Knight
Date: 2007-09-22 13:49:12
Look at all the replies,I totally forgot about this thread :p

Yeah, it probably would. I have seen quite a few occurances where saving .4 into a game file deletes the game.

Some more additions, I hear that trying to heal your Pokemon at a Pokemon center crashes the game, trying to get your mother in Pallet to heal your Pokemon glitches up the whole room, and clicking A on the TV in your house causes some freaky screwed up music to play and a very glitched up text box to appear. The TV part is true. There is (or was, it doesn't work anymore) a video on Team Rocket's Rockin' that showed this. As I said, it doesn't work anymore, but I saw the video once when it did work, and I fell out of my chair, it was that scary. (Not dissing Glitch City Forums, of course)

So, overall, I conclude that .4 is a cool but very scary and very harmful (can be) glitch.

It can be used without causing any save file damage aslong as you don't save when you've started the glitch of.(=succesfully replaced the super glitchmove)

Date: 2007-09-22 14:23:29
Yes, but, isn't there still a high risk you will erase the game if you save afterwards?