Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Some Questions - Page 1

Some Questions

Posted by: boxman
Date: 2007-09-09 09:34:59
Just some questions I've been wondering about for a long time.

1.Why are there Hybrids? I never really grasped that, why are some glitches hybrids and others arn't?

2.How come after you finish a battle with the super glitch it says that 2 Two pokemon grew a level, when only One is in your team? Where does it get the extra data?

Re: Some Questions

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-09-09 12:57:47
1. I have no idea.
2. Data beyond your sixth pokemon.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-09-12 15:04:14
I don't actually exactly remember how to get hybrids either…but they're just PkMn in the hex that are somehow like a real one, right?

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-09-12 22:58:28

questions eh? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Very constructive, there.

Posted by: cheater
Date: 2007-09-14 23:19:06

I don't actually exactly remember how to get hybrids either…but they're just PkMn in the hex that are somehow like a real one, right?

Hybrids can refer to modifying only one of the two type-bytes in red/blue/yellow. It can also mean using codes to set the types (grass/water/electric) in creative combinations. I recall this doesn't work in gold/silver or later games.

Date: 2007-09-15 09:45:12
Oh, its just PkMn with moves or stats of another? THAT makes sense, definately…

Date: 2007-09-15 13:30:33
Well, moves and stats are easy to patch in all versions, so I don't think that counts when people refer to hybrids.

Hybrid refers more to changing the color (through the extra byte) or changing the pokemon type, which seems to be possible only on the old red/blue/green/yellow ones.

Date: 2007-09-15 13:59:58
Color would have to be on an emulator, it doesn't even show on GBA. Hard to test really.

Date: 2007-09-15 16:52:54
Yellow is a Game Boy Color game, and Red/Blue/Green are Super Game Boy games, all of which can show distinct colors.

I don't have a Game Boy Advance SP to test with here, but I would be surprised if yours really turns off the colors for any of these games.

Date: 2007-09-16 07:37:31
Only has 2 pallettes anyway normally (Blue=Blue+Red, Red=Red+Green), nothing for health or anything. And some color codes (start up, press combination of A, B, + pad) only have 1 pallet.

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2007-09-16 16:57:35
You can play them on the Stadium games to see the colors.

Date: 2007-09-17 16:11:55
That gets you the borders too.

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2007-09-17 19:30:34
Yeah, but you still see the colors.