Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Probably been said but... - Page 1

Probably been said but...

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-09-13 10:36:16
Probably been said but you can own trainers being their own glitch PkMn. Trainers are around the F8-FF range where some symbols are, so with the Old Man trick you actually fight them trainerbattle-style. But with the starter modifier code (somebody post this), you can get them, and use them in battle. I did this a long time ago, so I remember no details unfortunately. There are other things to be done by putting trainer hexes in codes, but this thread is about the starter modifier.

Re: Probably been said but...

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-09-14 11:09:22
You mean C8-FF, right…?

Yes, this has been investigated. As you will no doubt know, the GlitchDex has entries for all of these glitch Pokemon. I know the Big List doesn't, but that thing is horribly out of date (last update: June 2006, I believe).

Date: 2007-09-15 09:48:11
Oh, good…Which ones are which exactly?

Posted by: cheater
Date: 2007-09-15 10:55:24
Oddly it doesn't seem to say in the GlitchDex (which has only pokemon but not trainers matching these hex values), but you can find this info on TR's Rockin's hex list.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-09-15 11:01:49

Oddly it doesn't seem to say in the GlitchDex (which has only pokemon but not trainers matching these hex values), but you can find this info on TR's Rockin's hex list.

Our Big list has all of that.

Date: 2007-09-15 14:01:01

You mean C8-FF, right…?

Yes, this has been investigated. As you will no doubt know, the GlitchDex has entries for all of these glitch Pokemon. I know the Big List doesn't, but that thing is horribly out of date (last update: June 2006, I believe).
Wait, trainers really go all the way back to C8? I thought they were at the rock end…

Posted by: cheater
Date: 2007-09-15 16:49:59
How could you possibly squeeze them in only right at the end? The game has at least 40 unique trainer types.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-09-15 23:25:23
The GlitchDex is for Pokemon, not trainers. I don't see why I'd have to list trainers in there too. If there's a convincing case for it, maybe, but if anyone needs to know which trainer corresponds with which Pokemon, there's always the Big List (which for some reason you forgot we had and decided to link to someone else's (inferior) list)

On the other hand, it might be worth including that information on every dex page. Like, for the GlitchDex page on  [name=RB:204] (RB:204), note that TM04 is the equivalent item, Sailor the equivalent trainer, and TM04 the equivalent attack. Heck, we could do it for all versions. If anyone reading about [name=RB:204] wants to know, for example, the Yellow glitch item with hex CC, then by all means they should be able to find there.

(edit: As of now you can use the [name] tag with a glitch designation version:number, for example [name = RB:204] (without spaces) to produce [name=RB:204])

Posted by: boxman
Date: 2007-09-15 23:30:44
I could see ZZAZZ glitch trainers going in the Glitchdex, as they aren't actual trainers. Still an easier way than changing the starter is just  keeping the code off and then turning it on when the screen is black right before the battle. Besides using the starter modifier code doesn't actually give you the glitch, but more like a strange variant of it.

Date: 2007-09-16 07:32:58
I didn't mean the actual trainers, I mean the PkMn you get when you try to obtain them, most commonly through starter modifying, because that gives you them right away.

Posted by: boxman
Date: 2007-09-16 10:01:19

I didn't mean the actual trainers, I mean the PkMn you get when you try to obtain them, most commonly through starter modifying, because that gives you them right away.

If you try this:

Still an easier way than changing the starter is just  keeping the code off and then turning it on when the screen is black right before the battle. Besides using the starter modifier code doesn't actually give you the glitch, but more like a strange variant of it.

You still get the glitch the trainers had, and again if you use the starter modifier cheat then you get a strange variant of the glitch, not the actual glitch.