Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Problem with ditto trick. - Page 1

Problem with ditto trick.

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2006-06-10 14:42:35
Ok, ok. I know it would take a LONG time of playing for this to happen, but what if you beat all the trainers in the game? then what? I can only think a more hopeful situation where you can prevnt this from happening. You have a limited amount of trainers to "fix the start button", as these must be trainers who walk up to you, not those you talk to. To increase your window of opportunity, you must save the game and reset. The only way to save when the start button is not fixed is to switch boxes. (you can just press A on your current box)
See full explaination in the Tips & tricks section of the Mew Trick file of the site.

Re: Problem with ditto trick.

Posted by: PokemonPichu
Date: 2006-06-10 15:15:26
Maybe using the glitch item 8 8 during a battle could enable the start button.

Re: Problem with ditto trick.

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2006-06-10 15:19:27
no. you don't get the point. you must FIX the start button for the route, not the whole thing… wait. you can battle the trainers you talk to (elite 4), once you temporarily fix the start button throught the change box trick mentioned abve. Perhaps if you wish you may use the Glitch city trick to escape the elite four when you've finished battling Lorelei?