Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Yellow missingno. - Page 1

Yellow missingno.

Posted by: Ghostsanora
Date: 2007-11-03 20:23:14
I'm curious as to what the yellow missino.'s effects are. I already know how to get it, but all of my encounters end the same way: a black screen. On most of my ventures I don't even get to see him, in some, when it gets to the cry it blacks out. Once I even got stuck in the middle of the battle, It's cry was an endless loop (believe me I sat there for about 20 minutes). It's beginning to seem to me that this glitch just does whatever the heck it wants to. Has anybody actually been able to finish (or even start) a fight with this thing? :???:

Re: Yellow missingno.

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-11-03 20:32:46
He causes a whole bunch of people to appear on the screen after you capture/beat him, including yourself. They just walk around…

Date: 2007-11-03 20:50:41

He causes a whole bunch of people to appear on the screen after you capture/beat him, including yourself. They just walk around…

Oh how fun. So even after it ends you're stuck in a pretty much endless loop. No item x 128? (That's what I was hoping for because it's a real pain in the neck to train an eevee, my main companion, to certain specials) No glitchy hall o' fame? How odd. Has anybody seen anything different?

Date: 2007-11-03 20:53:26
The item is multiplied. And the people go away if you fly to another town. And the Hall of Fame is glitched.

Date: 2007-11-03 21:00:59
:POh! I thought it disabled your controls or somthin'.That's the way it sounded. How often does this happen? Or did you use a gameshark to finish the battle?

Date: 2007-11-03 21:09:22
I haven't gotten that far, but all accounts say that this is what happens. Supposedly, it happens every time.

Date: 2007-11-03 21:16:21
That's nice to hear, but not what I asked. I wanted to know how often you finished the battle. But it sounds like you've never actually experienced it yet. Do you know of any "usable" missingno. actalikes? (IE- multiple items, glitch HoF)

Date: 2007-11-03 21:26:21
Sadly, no… And it's about (I THINK) one out of thirty or something like that, the probability of it not freezing. I only did it once and I froze my game.

Date: 2007-11-03 21:35:06
Great… I've been trying to get 4 4hy for a time now and the highest special stat I have is 92 or something. I don't own a gameshark that old (that works) and I'm not too fond of using emulators. Besides, I'd like to be able to trade them to my gold version. do you know any quick training methods?

Date: 2007-11-03 21:37:37
I don't because I've never even caught a 4 4hy.

The only Gameshark I ever heard broke when I put the first code in it…  :'(

Date: 2007-11-03 21:46:03
Man that sucks! My friend gave me a gameshark, but I never really learned how to use it. Then my sis broke it and I haven't figured out how to fix it. Since then it's been missing too. But that gameshark gave me my first taste of hybrids: I used two pacific pika codes on my gengar and turned into a raichu with surf. When I transferred it to gold version, (via stadium, an easy way to bypass the error trap on certain circumstances) it reverted back into a gengar and this was its moveset: surf, Thunder, Nightshade, and hypnosis. I kept it.

Date: 2007-11-03 21:51:49
How…weird. Were those the only two codes you ever used?

Date: 2007-11-03 22:05:10
HECK NO! That sucker had tons of codes, not always useful, but loads of 'em! I also had a lot of games that I had codes for Pokemons gold, red and yellow, pokemon pinball, dragon warrior3, super mario land. I absolutely loved screwing with yellow for some reason though: stuck in air, always on bike, inf health, pacific pika, inf money, inf whatever, if it was useful, it was there. I used it to crash my game more than once, get millions of porygons, tackle glitch city(one of the few glitches I knew about), and even rid my game of a virus(inf bicycle) It had one flaw: no pokemon encounter codes.

Date: 2007-11-03 22:07:27
Crash your game on purpose, you mean?

What was the virus? Was it the infinite bike or something else?

Date: 2007-11-03 22:10:26
1. Exploring: Steppin' in the grass to the side of pallet town and walking too far in glitch city.

2. yes. But on red version.

What kind of code did you try to put in your gameshark?

Off topic:Look at your post count.