Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Sorda weird. - Page 1

Sorda weird.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2007-11-27 17:50:47
I was trying to catch A glitch Pokemon through an encounter code. Well I didn't find any pokemon in the grass and I accidentally walked in front of a trainer, I encountered A wild Glitch thing with a sprite that was weird. And when the battle started, it fainted. This was on a Pokemon red rom.
Here is the cod I used:01EED8CF
EDIT:I encountered a trainer in the grass and it had this pokemon "8" and when it was sent out it changed the music.
I I could still atack.

Re: Sorda weird.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-12-05 14:11:59

I was trying to catch A glitch Pokemon through an encounter code. Well I didn't find any pokemon in the grass and I accidentally walked in front of a trainer, I encountered A wild Glitch thing with a sprite that was weird. And when the battle started, it fainted. This was on a Pokemon red rom.
Here is the cod I used:01EED8CF
EDIT:I encountered a trainer in the grass and it had this pokemon "8" and when it was sent out it changed the music.
I I could still atack.
About the glitch thing: that happens with me too. It starts a trainer battle and the trainer is what is there on the screen where the "opponent" is, but it modifies it to a PkMn with the same conditions (code only changes the species if I remember correctly), but obviously trainers have no HP, so yeah. Glitch thing is just the product of modifying a trainer to a PkMn with a wild modifier code.
About the 8: It's just a normal "trainer" glitch PkMn, it might be Chief's 'cause he uses it (then again he uses other trainer glitches too). Its cry is the "one channel off slowed down" version of the Champion battle music.
OK then.

Posted by: boxman
Date: 2007-12-11 20:03:45
As in this 8?

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-12-11 20:06:32
That is exactly what it is.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-12-12 14:04:59