Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

These have to be fake.....don't they? - Page 1

These have to be fake.....don't they?

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-12-08 07:02:34
Me and Superzero came across this video on youtube which seems to think that Oak is first a catchable Pokemon and secondly, obtainable without gameshark.

[youtube=lQHTKF7q98M] [youtube=vnfVXIwYmEI]

What do you guys think. It is quite impressive stuff, especially if the video isn't graphically edited.

Re: These have to be fake.....don't they?

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-12-08 07:11:56
First one: I think the first glitch is real, heard it somewhere. "Wild Prof. Oak" is accesible through a Gameshark code. Second one: it looks like it was hacked into a Jigglypuff, but the PP kept screwing up, something weird happened with Sing, that back sprite only exists in Yellow, and it had the cry of a.
Second one is definitely fake I think.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-12-08 11:00:03
The first one must be real, as the second one is fake.

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-12-08 11:07:37
Somewhat humorous.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2007-12-08 16:02:51
[img]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii89/iimarckus/Vreenak.jpg[/img]

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE

Posted by: blitzer
Date: 2007-12-30 16:06:32

First one: I think the first glitch is real, heard it somewhere. "Wild Prof. Oak" is accesible through a Gameshark code. Second one: it looks like it was hacked into a Jigglypuff, but the PP kept screwing up, something weird happened with Sing, that back sprite only exists in Yellow, and it had the cry of a.
Second one is definitely fake I think.

Lol. Prof. Jigglypuff.

Posted by: baby_fire
Date: 2008-03-13 01:23:35
The first one's real. The second's fake. I actually did the first one to a point, but I forgot what to do next and what I was doing for that matter. :p

Posted by: Bassmasta
Date: 2008-03-13 11:44:35
The first part of the first video is real, as I've done it up to the point where he leaves Oak's lab, which I don't think can be done because it kept on doing the same thing over and over if I kept on trying to leave. The "Wild Prof. Oak appeared!" was a GameShark code. The second one is an obvious fake because, as Sherkel said, that back sprite is only available in Yellow and it had the moves of a Jigglypuff.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-03-13 19:24:20

The first part of the first video is real, as I've done it up to the point where he leaves Oak's lab, which I don't think can be done because it kept on doing the same thing over and over if I kept on trying to leave. The "Wild Prof. Oak appeared!" was a GameShark code. The second one is an obvious fake because, as Sherkel said, that back sprite is only available in Yellow and it had the moves of a Jigglypuff.
I see my new name is catching on :). If I remember you are the first one to call me Sherkel.
Down with fake Prof. Jigglypuff!

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2008-03-20 15:07:03
This might be possible (the 2nd one) if you smoked crack first, but then it wouldn't be real anyway.