Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

IT WON'T LET ME CATCH MISSINGNO!!! - Page 1

IT WON'T LET ME CATCH MISSINGNO!!!

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2006-06-15 17:07:51
In my friends red version we were trying to catch missingo (old man glitch)
BUT WHEN WE TRY TO CATCH IT WITH A ULTRA BALL IT SAYS YOU MISSED THE pOKEMON.

what is wrong with it??
(sorry for caps!)

Re: IT WON'T LET ME CATCH MISSINGNO!!!

Posted by: ACE91
Date: 2006-06-15 17:29:23
"You missed the Pok?mon" is just one of the many messages that appears whenever you fail to catch a Pok?mon, not something that the game says when you are unable to catch a Pok?mon. When trying to catch legendaries or similarly hard-to-catch Pok?mon (Chansey comes to mind) the same message may appear. The "capture ratio" (or whatever number is used to determine how hard a Pok?mon is to catch) of MissingNo. and other Glitches is glitched, much like all of their other stats, making them ridiculously hard to catch with anything but a Master Ball. It can be done, though.

If you have a Master Ball, putting it in the 6th slot in your item list will multiply it when you encounter MissingNo., allowing you to catch it and keep your Master Ball. If you don't have one, put the Ultra Ball in the 6th slot and multiply it. You may go through 100 Ultra Balls or so before catching it, but you eventually will.

Posted by: PokemonPichu
Date: 2006-06-15 17:40:08
Also weaken it and put it to sleep.

Date: 2006-06-16 08:23:41
Thanks guys.
We evntually caught Missingno.
(2 missingno!!)
So for telling her about missingno she traded me the level 128 Missingno!
But when it was in battle it went to level 1.Oh well.
Those are easy to train.
(Vulpix you are EVILLL!)

Date: 2006-06-16 18:53:17
Missingno. seems to jump up and down levels. In Pokemon Yellow my Ghost Missingno. would level down.

If it was a Ghost Missingno. you caught, you can use it to clone other pokemon's stats.

Date: 2006-06-17 08:37:18

Missingno. seems to jump up and down levels. In Pokemon Yellow my Ghost Missingno. would level down.

If it was a Ghost Missingno. you caught, you can use it to clone other pokemon's stats.
Oh wait.
Mine was the Glitch Block Backwards L missingno.
Now it is Level 100!
YAY!

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-06-19 02:01:28

Oh wait.
Now it is Level 100!
YAY!

I like to remind people that Block Missingno. has bad stats, except for a somewhat over-average attack stat. :P

You'd be better off with a Ghost or Fossil.

Date: 2006-06-19 11:08:34

Oh wait.
Now it is Level 100!
YAY!

I like to remind people that Block Missingno. has bad stats, except for a somewhat over-average attack stat. :P

oh well.Im happy.
But I hate it that when it does not listen gets confused and kills itself.

Date: 2006-06-19 17:13:47

Oh wait.
Now it is Level 100!
YAY!

oh well.Im happy.
But I hate it that when it does not listen gets confused and kills itself.

Give Missingno. a lot of items that boost the defence and speed stats (can't remember what it is called) and get more badges.