Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Pokemon Green Hex Code List, and Hex Codes for MissingNo. Ghost/Fossil Forms - Page 1

Pokemon Green Hex Code List, and Hex Codes for MissingNo. Ghost/Fossil Forms

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2007-12-24 17:07:27
I'm currently playing my Green, right now, and I've been woundering what are the Hex Cdoes? I've checked on the Hex List, but doesn't say, like 01xxxxx, so I'm wondering about them. If there are any, I'll be thankful, to know. I'm wondering about the Glitches in Green. The Old Man trick, doesn't seem to work, so MissingNo. wasn't created/left there.

Re: Pokemon Green Hex Code List, and Hex Codes for MissingNo. Ghost/Fossil Forms

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-12-25 05:57:43
Well, Newo was SUPPOSED to work on the Green GlitchDex…

Re: Pokemon Green Hex Code List, and Hex Codes for MissingNo. Ghost/Fossil Forms

Posted by: RPBnimrod
Date: 2007-12-25 12:55:12
Newo has the sprites, I bought a pack of them from him, but he hasn't gotten to posting them yet.

Date: 2007-12-25 19:13:53
Hmm, well I'm interested in the Green Glitches. I've already screwed around with Crystal, Red/Blue/Yellow, Weird Crystal effects, I saw the ?????? Glitch, well I used a code, I forgot it, but I'll put it up later, if it's still in my Cheat List, and I couldn't catch it. Even with Master Balls, it couldn't be caught. I'm intrested in how the Green Glitches, how they effect the game. Also, is there away to trade Pokemon, on VBA? It's been bugging me a lot lately. If I could, then I can trade over some the glitches onto my Yellow (Well have to recatch them, because of a screw up in my VBA Yellow, when I caught a few glitches, from codes, and when I load my first data, my VBA closes down.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2007-12-26 12:02:11

Hmm, well I'm interested in the Green Glitches. I've already screwed around with Crystal, Red/Blue/Yellow, Weird Crystal effects, I saw the ?????? Glitch, well I used a code, I forgot it, but I'll put it up later, if it's still in my Cheat List, and I couldn't catch it. Even with Master Balls, it couldn't be caught. I'm intrested in how the Green Glitches, how they effect the game. Also, is there away to trade Pokemon, on VBA? It's been bugging me a lot lately. If I could, then I can trade over some the glitches onto my Yellow (Well have to recatch them, because of a screw up in my VBA Yellow, when I caught a few glitches, from codes, and when I load my first data, my VBA closes down.

TGB Dual trades between games. I don't have the link so google it.

Date: 2007-12-26 12:51:14
Hmm, okay. Also, on my VBA Yellow, I put in the Female Symbol Glitch, and it freezes. All there is it's noise, it's annoying. Also on VBA YM always crashes the game. I have him still on my Cart Yellow, and my data is still there. Normal after a month, it's gone but, ever since I caught the Yellow MissingNo. my data has survived, it's great. Anyway, if I am able to find this thing, to trade Pokemon, from VBA to VBA, then I can study on the Green Glitches. I'm still studying the effect's on my Red. I put in the code to start with any Pokemon, so I picked Vulpix at first, The "Pokedex" showed me, it was nothing more than a L-like glitch. So, I picked "Charmander" (Zulpix), and my rival also picked a Pokemon. We went into battle, the glitch changed, I think and I sent out my lvl 85 Vulpix, as he did too, when either uses an attack it goes all weird, with a Japanese Symbol, on the bottom and it crashes. So, I try it with Raichu. It's weirder. I "Charmander" and the Pokedex shows me an brown Articuno picture with a Raichu'd cry. (I'll take screens when I play again) so, I check it's stats, again the brown Articuno picture, type/1 Normal type/2 Flying. So, when we into battle, my Rival also has a "Raichu/Articuno" mine appears as a like MissingNo. does but a bit different. So, we go into battle, and it normally when either attack, it either crashes or it says: Raichu used PeckERROR48. It was quite funny. So I tried Ninetales, lvl 84 as normal, it has its cry, but it's a block of pixels. It has the stats, are Type/1 Normal Type 2/Flying and I believe it's a hybird of a Pidgey, because it knows: Peck and Sand Attack. I'll get some screens later, when I play.

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-12-26 14:51:57
There's an equavilant to Missingno. in the game (I think)…

Date: 2007-12-26 18:50:12
Maybe. I'm gonna play Halo 3 again, beaten it this morning, but I just love it. Then I'll get the screens. Also the Trainers name will be either my real name (Kira) or my forum name Yami.

Posted by: MissingNO. #1 Master
Date: 2007-12-27 02:38:15
[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/MithosYggdrasil/MissingNO/GreenDex.bmp[/img]
[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/MithosYggdrasil/MissingNO/GreenMissingNO.bmp[/img]
[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/MithosYggdrasil/MissingNO/GreenSkel2.jpg[/img]
[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/MithosYggdrasil/MissingNO/GreenSkel1.jpg[/img]

Date: 2007-12-27 02:55:48
:o Wow… Ikaga? (How) How'd you get them to appear? The top would say: Arai Rei appeard! I'm not sure how you say "appeared" in Japanese yet, so it;ll say: Wild Ghost appeared!

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-12-27 12:22:52
I stopped doing them because I wasn't making great progress due to the fact I had no idea what attacks were learnt, what it says..etc.
Now I understand the WRAM I can do it completely from data.

Anyway, the code you are looking for is 01??BFCF I do believe.

Do you guys want me to continue researching them, I was going to continue sometime in the next year, but I will start now if you wish.

Date: 2007-12-27 14:19:58
Well, I can half translate, what the words say Newo. I have an English - Japanese thing, so I can check up a word. I can translate, the Japanese names, the attacks, err, not sure yet.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-12-27 14:29:50
Well, the data is the same, I will just translate the hex.

Date: 2007-12-27 14:32:52
Okay. Some of the Pokemon names, I already know in Japanese, as for my Charizard, I'm sure it knows: Slash, Flamethrower, Rage, Fire Spin.