Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Ditto/Mew glitch help (Yellow) - Page 1

Ditto/Mew glitch help (Yellow)

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-12-30 09:26:59
I have posted this thread before, I know. But I really need to know how to deal with this. So anyway, while trying to repeat an experiment, I did the Mew glitch with a Channeler in PkMn Tower for the Yellow MissingNo.. So I know how you're not meant to find any wild PkMn, well I did. A Ghost. So I was just like "oh well I'll just have to do it again" and decided to leave Lavender Town to see what would happen. Naturally, nothing. So I reset and did the glitch again, flying away from the Gambler, but he didn't see me! I went back, and actually went up and TALKED to him, and he just said "Lady Luck's not wth me today!"! But I never FOUGHT him! On my Red when this happened he just came back after a series of glitchy effects in diferent places. But anyway, is there any known way to stop this? And this this the consequence for fighting a wild PkMn? ……

Re: Ditto/Mew glitch help (Yellow)

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2007-12-30 13:29:29
No, sometimes the game assumes you've beaten the trainer when you beat a wild pokemon then go back and talk to the trainer before battling a different trainer.  I don't know much about this part of the ditto trick but that's just my theory.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-12-30 15:10:55
I didn't even save though…

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2007-12-31 20:49:42
I don't really know then.  Just use the Super Nerd to the left of the underground tunnel.  This glitch works with more than just that Gambler.