Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Possible new missingno (and I mean a missingno) - Page 1

Possible new missingno (and I mean a missingno)

Posted by: RPBnimrod
Date: 2008-01-02 17:30:39
I found this Italian site http://southernwharf.pokecommunity.net/poke_basic/bug/missigno.htm it seems to have a missingno species not known to us…

here's the picture of it:

it also has some odd instructions on how to get the missingno that I translated with my translator into english:

After the discovery of the trick of Mew(vedi appropriate section) it
has been possible to capture MissingNO. also in the European versions.
Continuations the procedure: You are of that of Hour gone of Fucsiapoli a south, swimmer of second
of of the defied ones of and.It possesses Goldeen, Staryu and Horsea of He Batteteli. Gone of
struck to have it of After a distance n?8 of of you take of Lavandonia
and.Version of of of of the MissingNO. of benefits of same of of challenge
of it can Obviously English. Unit of Of 128 of place of To the 6? of
the object of Multiplies.

WTF does this mean? I don't know.

just check it out.

Re: Possible new missingno (and I mean a missingno)

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2008-01-02 18:43:00
Hmm. It's a little hard to understand, what the hell that site says. Here's an translated version:
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fsouthernwharf.pokecommunity.net%2Fpoke_basic%2Fbug%2Fmissigno.htm
Also, MissingNo. Isn't there. I've tried it myself, loads of times. He doesn't appear. You have to do a Mew trick, but a few differences. MissingNo. was removed in Yellow. The only way to get him, is the Mew Trick, I've used to get him. And he appeared. In R/B, he'll be where he always is. But in my Pokemon book I had, it said MissingNo. was removed from Yellow, reasons, I don't remember.

Date: 2008-01-02 20:04:27
Maybe it wasn't as well removed in the Italian yellow version, the Japanese d/p had a lot more glitches than the American d/p.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2008-01-02 20:08:39
I know. But when games get sent to us in the UK, we get differnt things, maybe.

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2008-01-03 12:10:22
Yeah, their glitch Pokemon are different from ours. I seem to remember reading somewhere that the 4 4 Hy glitch doesn't involve into the Q glitch in the European version of the game. Glitches are made of random junk data, and I guess the random junk data is a bit different per language.

Date: 2008-01-03 12:53:41
Maybe gcl should go global.