Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Yellow Missingno. - Page 1

Yellow Missingno.

Posted by: PokemonPichu
Date: 2006-06-26 04:01:48
It might be bad for your game, but there are interesting glitches that result from it. And they are often random. Here are the glitches from Missingno. $AC that I saw in order, but the glitch repeats aren't included.

1. The screen froze, but you could still see the trainer and Missingno. There are colored glitch "crystals" sticking out from the bottom. I wish I had gotten a screenshot from that…
2. The emulator crashed with the opcode error message.
3. It froze with the pattern you get when walking through a wall.
4. The game didn't really freeze, but I was stuck in a looping "MISSINGNO. is trying to learn" message.
5. There was a noise sounding like many pokemon crys at the same time, then static.
6. Then I actually got to fight it! I defeated it with one blow, and when I exited from the battle, there were many Ashes along with a few other characters walking around the screen! O_o
7. I got a glitch that looks like the first one, I am not sure, maybe it is actually the first one. The third picture is the screenshot.

[img]http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/2896/pokemonyellowmissingno8il.png[/img] [img]http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/4402/pokemonyellowmissingno25vj.png[/img] [img]http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/6610/pokemonyellowmissingno30wr.png[/img]

Re: Yellow Missingno.

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2006-06-26 14:03:17
Woah. You actually dared to fight the Yellow Missingno. :o
I appluad your bravery. (And risktaking) 8)

Posted by: ACE91
Date: 2006-06-26 14:54:58

I've fought (and tried but failed to capture) Yellow MissingNo. many times, and on a normal cartridge game instead of a ROM. Pok?monPichu's screenshots will be great for an article on Yellow MissingNo. on the site, once myself or Abwayax actually takes the time to make it…

Posted by: Golddron
Date: 2006-06-26 16:14:59
What is MISSINGNO. yellow?

Date: 2006-06-29 21:53:22

Thanks. Emulators are really useful.

I've fought (and tried but failed to capture) Yellow MissingNo. many times, and on a normal cartridge game instead of a ROM. Pok?monPichu's screenshots will be great for an article on Yellow MissingNo. on the site, once myself or Abwayax actually takes the time to make it…

I might get around to making it sometimes.

What is MISSINGNO. yellow?

A dangerous version of Missingno. that is only in Pokemon Yellow. It causes random glitches.

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2006-06-30 00:08:38
it's not dangerous.

Posted by: Robjoe1107
Date: 2006-06-30 00:18:08
6. Then I actually got to fight it! I defeated it with one blow, and when I exited from the battle, there were many Ashes along with a few other characters walking around the screen! O_o

The kid in R/B/Y is not Ash. Rather, the lead character in the anim? series was based around him (I don't know whether or not 4Kids called him Ash when they dubbed, or if the official people behind the show decided that). The only official name he's been given was Red, in G/S/C (not applicable to the FR/LG male). Likewise the R/B/Y rival is not Gary, but instead Blue (although Stzdium 1 referred to him as Rival, but they may've just been trying to be ambiguous). Sorry to rant on about that, but I had to get it off my chest, as it's been bugging me for a while now.

Anyway, I've encountered Yellow Missingno. before, and it's not "harmful" at all (well, not permanantly, anyway). IIRC, flying away to a city fixed the severe graphical problems going on in the feild for me. However, I currently didn't have any balls (the catching ones, mind you =P), so I did not get a chance to capture it, and can not verify safety if it is caught, although I theorize it should be fine to do so. I may get off my lazy ass and do it eventually, but at the moment, I'm more concerned about finding out if Red/Green's glitches are different from JPN Blue/US Red & Blue's.

Date: 2006-06-30 19:48:40
the only permanent thing I've noticed is maxed out time. (I duplicated the glitch on another cartridge. It's true)

Posted by: GlitchManic
Date: 2006-07-07 14:35:14
I haven't seen anything permanant either.

Date: 2006-07-07 17:16:57
I haven't seen anything permament, so Yellow Missingno. might not be all that dangerous, but maybe if you catch it, which I'll do sometime.

Posted by: GlitchManic
Date: 2006-07-13 10:08:24
I think the effects are acually quite funny.

:P

Date: 2006-07-14 12:00:36
hello? Maxed out time? That's permanent.

Date: 2006-07-24 22:43:23
I don't think that happened on my game, and it can be easily fixed with a Gameshark.

Date: 2006-08-03 14:52:59
It probably has something to do with the people walking all over the place. keeps happening to me.

Posted by: silverentei
Date: 2006-08-13 20:50:50
I tried the same thing and I caught it. When it was in my PC, its name was FIRESTONE. Weird, isn't it?