Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

The "Invisible Glitch" - Page 1

The "Invisible Glitch"

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-06-30 13:21:43
On TRS. Forum topic:
http://trsrockin.7.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=1321

Visitor submission (http://trsrockin.com/missingno6.html):
From x-Tao-x:

"I thought you'd like to know about the really weird experience I had with the Missingno on my Blue version…

"As soon as I heard about the glitch, I tried it out. I caught a Missingno and an 'M' with four other pokemon in my party. I had also been experimenting with the Magikarp glitch, which is supposed to change Magikarp to Mew in the Japanese version.

"After a lot of experiments which resulted in nothing, I put my Missingno, 'M' and Magikarp in the PC. Nothing happened, so I took Missingno back and left the other two.

"Then the weirdest thing happened. I was walking south from Lavender Town, onto the bridges across the water, when I encountered a Pokemon on the bridge. Since there is no grass here, or anything you can run into Pokemon on apart from water, I was really surprised.

"The Pokemon wasn't actually anything. The text at the bottom said, 'Wild appeared!' and there was no picture, text or anything where the opponent is supposed to be.

"This was really freaking me out, so I ran from the battle. A while later, I decided to try the Glith City trick. Sure enough, I ended up in the Glitch City, and while fishing in a water pixel, I found the same non-existent Pokemon.

"I still don't have a clue what it might have been. I was carrying at least one of the Glitch Pokemon with me both times, so it might have been that that caused it."

* Little Das writes: "To Tao-x,who went into battle with a nonexistent Pokemon, and at the bottom the text said: Wild appeared! That happened to me too! I was scared!"

This, along with Celebi Glitch, is probably one of the least known "glitches" with no credible sources (unless some random joe's submission counts as credible). Has anyone here wondered or even known about this?

Re: The "Invisible Glitch"

Posted by: PokemonPichu
Date: 2006-06-30 17:29:51
Unless there is a glitch pokemon with nothing, I don't think that is a real glitch. Yet the Super Glitch glitch that made your character battle a glitch without Pokemon is true.

Maybe that person used Super Glitch? What is the Magikarp Glitch?

Date: 2006-06-30 17:54:14

I think it's done this way - buy the Magikarp from the Magikarp salesman and name it "MEW". You can make your own judgment on that.

Posted by: PokemonPichu
Date: 2006-06-30 18:46:56

I think it's done this way - buy the Magikarp from the Magikarp salesman and name it "MEW". You can make your own judgment on that.

Nothing glitchy with that, and calling a normal Magikarp a Mew does nothing. He might have done something to make a "nothing" appear during those expearments.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2006-07-03 04:20:47
Isn't the "Magikarp Glitch" that fake glitch where you nickname a magikarp bought from the maikarp salesman MEW then leave it in the daycare centre until it is lvl 100?

You can easily get Wild appeared by using the steal other people's pokemon code unproperly the easiest way is to walk up and battle a trainer with the code on

Date: 2006-07-03 08:54:17
You can easily get Wild appeared by using the steal other people's pokemon code unproperly the easiest way is to walk up and battle a trainer with the code on

That would get you 'M. We're not talking about that. This is a different matter.