Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Remember the Mew Trick? - Page 1

Remember the Mew Trick?

Posted by: HiddenShadow
Date: 2008-06-27 19:10:37
Everyone remember the mew trick in Yellow, Red, and Blue where you walk in front of the gambler on route 8 walking out of the underground path. You press start. Fly to Cerulean. The gambler sees you, but you fly off. The start button doesn't work. You go up the nugget bridge, fight the trainer with the level 17 slowpoke. You fly to Lavender town, walk west to route 8, the start menu pops up, you press B, and the level 7 mew appears.
Who all remembers this trick? I just wanted to tell the world that it works! So many people talk about it on other sites, claiming it doesn't work. Well, I tried it. My mew now happens to be at a level 47. If you don't believe me, try it yourself. It work on all the first versions Y, B, and R. I just wanted to tell everyone that. I'm getting sick of the stupid people who claim it doesn't work, but I bet you guys know better huh? ;D

Re: Remember the Mew Trick?

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-06-27 19:22:15
Hmm…well, yeah, it's true that we do, but…
Arg, well, it's not exactly a submission, and it's on the site as well, so…I guess I'll have to "deny" it.

Posted by: Zach the Glitch Buster
Date: 2008-06-30 20:58:02

Hmm…well, yeah, it's true that we do, but…
Arg, well, it's not exactly a submission, and it's on the site as well, so…I guess I'll have to "deny" it.

Well, Due to the fact that it is a ligament glitch, we should move it to General Glitch Discussion.
I'll save you the trouble.

Posted by: glitchuntress
Date: 2008-07-01 09:54:30
If we didn't believe it was true then why would we have a page for it on the site?

Posted by: boxman
Date: 2008-07-01 10:34:35
If anyone says it doesn't work shove this down their throat.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2008-07-01 19:58:31
All though, I have bad memory, I can still remember the Mew Trick.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2008-07-01 20:33:26
People still believe this is false? It's been what, 5 years since this was found?

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2008-07-01 20:47:16

Well, Due to the fact that it is a ligament glitch, we should move it to General Glitch Discussion.
I'll save you the trouble.

lol. If there's ligament glitches are there tendon glitches also?

Posted by: HiddenShadow
Date: 2008-07-03 01:40:16
I didn't see the page on it, but I don't care. I'm just mad at the stupid idiots who keep trying to say that it isn't true. They just need to get a friggin gameboy and try it!  Either that, or they've just been to pathetic to actually get it to work! It's not that hard. People can just be so stupid and stubborn sometimes. Glad to know that you people are smart. *Gives thumbs up* Nowdays it seems like there aren't any smart people left.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2008-07-04 04:08:41
I'm not too surprised if people are sceptical about it, what with all the fake cheats people make up to get Mew and whatnot.

Posted by: 007
Date: 2008-07-04 23:42:46
I'd think people would at least try to see if they could fly away after getting pinched for a trainer battle, see the buttons not working, and think it plausible.  Doesn't take much time to test that much.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2008-07-05 11:12:02
Thanks to the site, I still remember it.

Date: 2008-07-05 12:04:20

I'd think people would at least try to see if they could fly away after getting pinched for a trainer battle, see the buttons not working, and think it plausible.  Doesn't take much time to test that much.
If they didn't fight the Gambler/Bug Catcher/Jr. Trainer/Super Nerd.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2008-07-05 12:12:12
Can't you do this with Teleport, the "I saw your feat" guy and the swimmer guy in Misty's gym as well. I am not sure if we added that.
You don't need to use fly to do the Ditto trick BTW, you can use any disappearing trick. I assume you all know. And growl makes you life easier… Sometimes.
I am mentioning this incase people don't know, as some of what I have said may not have been added onto the pages. Most of it has.

On a slightly off topic note, are we adding a FLV collection to the site to be enbedded into various pages, I am saying this because I think some of these tricks should have little videos on it, and The ditto trick is one of them.

Date: 2008-07-05 12:16:53

Can't you do this with Teleport, the "I saw your feat" guy and the swimmer guy in Misty's gym as well. I am not sure if we added that.
You don't need to use fly to do the Ditto trick BTW, you can use any disappearing trick. I assume you all know. And growl makes you life easier… Sometimes.
I am mentioning this incase people don't know, as some of what I have said may not have been added onto the pages. Most of it has.

On a slightly off topic note, are we adding a FLV collection to the site to be enbedded into various pages, I am saying this because I think some of these tricks should have little videos on it, and The ditto trick is one of them.
IIRC, we did add the Teleport-"feat guy" variation, and the Growl thing could be assumed (well, if somebody had Growl) as it had about the relationship between stat stage and wild Pok?mon level. Anyway, I am glad we're finally adding videos, it's another update to the site!