Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Glitch Options? - Page 1

Glitch Options?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2008-07-29 14:06:41
There is a New Game option, a continue option and an options option.

I wonder if a code was discovered we could point to glitch options?

I'm guessing if there were glitch options they probably wouldnt do much or glitch the game severely and make it unstable. I think this might be possible but im unsure whether they might do nothing or crash the game.

Re: Glitch Options?

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2008-07-29 14:13:21

There is a New Game option, a continue option and an options option.

I wonder if a code was discovered we could point to glitch options?

I'm guessing if there were glitch options they probably wouldnt do much or glitch the game severely and make it unstable. I think this might be possible but im unsure whether they might do nothing or crash the game.

You mean try to add another option using a cheating device? It could be possible, but I don't know if we could edit/change/add that data with just a GS or something. :|

Date: 2008-07-29 14:50:22
Well I mean there are 256 possibilities so there must be over 250 some unused or glitched options

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2008-07-29 15:04:53

Well I mean there are 256 possibilities so there must be over 250 some unused or glitched options

But some are Pokemon/Items, I highly doubt some are another options line. But if you could get the [file?] onto the options line then yeah you could. But I don't get the Code Generators on GSs

Date: 2008-07-29 15:57:16
Tried using the code generator on my Xploder, found 11 possibilities thats if new game is 00 and continue is 01, gonna note them down now.

EDIT: Weird, 9 of the codes did nothing in particular i could see and these two codes below made the game crash when i pressed new game.

0102D0DF - Make the window open every step
0102DCDF - Don't know

Date: 2008-07-30 10:43:43
Some progress finally; well if you enter the code 01XX3DCD then go onto the options menu it will change the cursor.

Therefore if you enter any value over 7 or 5 or 6 you will be able to set glitch options, most freeze the game though

Edit:Note this was on yellow so if the code was entered on more unstable games such as Green we may get very different options