Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Kannon's Glitch Pokemon Analysis - Page 1

Kannon's Glitch Pokemon Analysis

Posted by: Glitchby
Date: 2008-08-06 23:12:42
Hello folks, Glitchers and whatnot, I, being bored, have decided to put together my like of Pokemon glitches, and the competitve battling skills of yours truly. With this, I bring you the:

[size=2]POKEMON GLITCH ANALYSIS
[/size]
Today, we have the two (yes two) pokemon that single handedly brought the term "Glitch Pokemon" to use here today.

MissingNo/'M

Yes, they share an analysis because they have the same stats and moveset other than MissingNo gets Substitue and 'M gets pound (sounds like he was ripped off) Onto the base Stats

From Bulbapedia (Well, Melchior is down, and we don't have their BASE stats, so stop booing)

HP: 33
Attack: 137
Defense: 1
Special: 29
Speed: 6

You see his enormous attack, and then nothing else. But, I have a moveset here for him:

Set 1:
"Sweep? No."

Double Edge/Tri Attack
Thunder Wave
Earthquake
Seismic Toss/Bubblebeam

This MissingNo set tries to sweep something with it's crap defences and speed, and massive attack stat. Bubblebeam is there mainly because of the speed drop, although if there were an R/B/Y stat calculator, I could see what it could do against the likes of Onix, who you should be Earthquaking anyways. Thunder Wave is there because of a switch, although you should use MissingNo only when their entire team is already a combination of Paralysed, Sleeping (not from rest) and frozen. Double Edge is for STAB, although with his Crap HP, you might consider the weaker Tri Attack, if only for no recoil. Earthquake is for Gengar/Rock types (because Gengar doesn't get levitate in R/B/Y) And Seismic Toss for consistient Damage against stuff that can take your other attacks. It's a shame he doesn't get Hyper Beam for a finisher (It's glitched in R/B/Y)

Counters: Anything with an attack and more than base 7 speed (everything)

Opinion: He has good attack, but so does Dragonite, and Dragonite has a move pool and defenses. And a learnset. Don't catch one of these unless you collect useless pokemon, and use him just for your infinite item cheat, it's all he's useful for.

Yes I did just copy/paste this of of Sparta, but it's my work anyways.

Re: Kannon's Glitch Pokemon Analysis

Date: 2008-08-11 07:14:16
I'll be doing X - x sometime soon, but I'd like SOME feedback D:
anyone?

Posted by: Phrawger
Date: 2008-08-11 07:55:11
Well… what feedback could we give?
"Thanks for letting us know we shouldn't use this pokemon in competitive battling"? It's not like most people tend to use glitches outside of personal experiments. And R/B/Y competitive battling isn't exactly practiced as much as, say, R/S/E or D/P/P. I'm not saying it isn't interesting to see a competitive take on glitches, but… most of the time you wouldn't be using them anyway.

Posted by: Choronzon
Date: 2008-08-11 09:30:34
can you do hPOKe? i need a good moveset for him…

Date: 2008-08-12 11:58:53
Sadly enough, even with the great stats of Gengar, hPOKe has almost no movepool.  With a whopping 10 moves, out of them he learns nothing useable.  See for yourself:
(copied straight from http://glitchcity.info/glitchdex/RB:195)
Level Move
0 Lick
0 Confuse Ray
0 Night Shade
8 HM02
17 Conversion
104 Pound
175 TM24
186 Tackle
195 Pound
205 Super Glitch

Date: 2008-08-13 09:24:32

Sadly enough, even with the great stats of Gengar, hPOKe has almost no movepool.  With a whopping 10 moves, out of them he learns nothing useable.  See for yourself:
(copied straight from http://glitchcity.info/glitchdex/RB:195)
Level Move
0 Lick
0 Confuse Ray
0 Night Shade
8 HM02
17 Conversion
104 Pound
175 TM24
186 Tackle
195 Pound
205 Super Glitch

what about TM wise? i know he has a considerable TM-pool.

if he just learned hypnosis he could be awesome….

Date: 2008-08-13 20:18:45
He doesn't have a TM list according to the Glitchdex :/

Date: 2008-08-13 20:24:10
the Glitchdeax is incomplete…

try this:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/H_POKe

Date: 2008-08-13 21:08:55

the Glitchdeax is incomplete…

try this:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/H_POKe

BURN THE HERETIC!

…kidding.  Anyways, his TM/HM list is that of Gengar, so just use the set from here.

Posted by: Missingno. Master
Date: 2008-09-05 07:43:30

Hello folks, Glitchers and whatnot, I, being bored, have decided to put together my like of Pokemon glitches, and the competitve battling skills of yours truly. With this, I bring you the:

[size=2]POKEMON GLITCH ANALYSIS
[/size]
Today, we have the two (yes two) pokemon that single handedly brought the term "Glitch Pokemon" to use here today.

MissingNo/'M

Yes, they share an analysis because they have the same stats and moveset other than MissingNo gets Substitue and 'M gets pound (sounds like he was ripped off) Onto the base Stats

From Bulbapedia (Well, Melchior is down, and we don't have their BASE stats, so stop booing)

HP: 33
Attack: 137
Defense: 1
Special: 29
Speed: 6

You see his enormous attack, and then nothing else. But, I have a moveset here for him:

Set 1:
"Sweep? No."

Double Edge/Tri Attack
Thunder Wave
Earthquake
Seismic Toss/Bubblebeam

This MissingNo set tries to sweep something with it's crap defences and speed, and massive attack stat. Bubblebeam is there mainly because of the speed drop, although if there were an R/B/Y stat calculator, I could see what it could do against the likes of Onix, who you should be Earthquaking anyways. Thunder Wave is there because of a switch, although you should use MissingNo only when their entire team is already a combination of Paralysed, Sleeping (not from rest) and frozen. Double Edge is for STAB, although with his Crap HP, you might consider the weaker Tri Attack, if only for no recoil. Earthquake is for Gengar/Rock types (because Gengar doesn't get levitate in R/B/Y) And Seismic Toss for consistient Damage against stuff that can take your other attacks. It's a shame he doesn't get Hyper Beam for a finisher (It's glitched in R/B/Y)

Counters: Anything with an attack and more than base 7 speed (everything)

Opinion: He has good attack, but so does Dragonite, and Dragonite has a move pool and defenses. And a learnset. Don't catch one of these unless you collect useless pokemon, and use him just for your infinite item cheat, it's all he's useful for.

Yes I did just copy/paste this of of Sparta, but it's my work anyways.

Actually, it is possible to teach Hyper Beam to a Missingno.. 

1:Put it in the PC
2:View its stats
3:Withdraw it.  It will be a glitched Rhydon.
4:Teach it the TM for Hyper Beam.
5:Leave it at the Daycare.
6:Take it back.  Viola, you have a Missingno. with Hyper Beam.