Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

You say all RBY glitch Pokemon have been found, but ... - Page 1

You say all RBY glitch Pokemon have been found, but ...

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2008-08-09 09:40:52
.. not those in other RBY language versions. I know someone ( zach the glitch buster I think ( sorry if i am wrong ) ) investigated the french version of A #250 ( or was it the 'a' Poliwhirl hybrid ? I forget ) but now other language RBY glitchology has halted in favour of Decamark glitchology ! What's wrong with other language versions of RBY ? Maybe becaue other language RBY ROMs are hard to obtain ?? I don't really know ! So how's to waking up RBY other language glitchology ? ( not like I would -do- any of it, except investigating other language MissingNo & [img]http://glitchcity.info/dexdata/redblue/m/name.png[/img] with a friend )

Re: You say all RBY glitches have been found, but ...

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2008-08-09 11:50:57

.. not those in other RBY language versions. I know someone ( zach the glitch buster I think ( sorry if i am wrong ) ) investigated the french version of A #250 ( or was it the 'a' Poliwhirl hybrid ? I forget ) but now other language RBY glitchology has halted in favour of Decamark glitchology ! What's wrong with other language versions of RBY ? Maybe becaue other language RBY ROMs are hard to obtain ?? I don't really know ! So how's to waking up RBY other language glitchology ? ( not like I would -do- any of it, except investigating other language MissingNo & [img]http://glitchcity.info/dexdata/redblue/m/name.png[/img] with a friend )

Actually this does sound familar. I think it was Zach and someone else looking in French or UK versions. And I agree maybe we could get our butts working on this. But I [would] think that other languages would have SIMILAR glitches but I could be wrong.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-08-09 13:12:44
Frenchies have a safe yellow missingno in hex 191 or something.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2008-08-09 14:05:24
How do we actually find codes for these foreign games? It's not like we can just Google them, I tried that. Only found English codes.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-08-09 14:24:26

How do we actually find codes for these foreign games? It's not like we can just Google them, I tried that. Only found English codes.

We made codes pretty well for Green didn't we?

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2008-08-09 15:12:00
Well, yeah, someone must have done. Maybe you could do the same for other languages of 1st Gen. games. I long to research glitch Pokemon in a Spanish Pokemon Red. (Don't worry, I'll tell you lot about them)

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2008-08-09 19:52:19

Well, yeah, someone must have done. Maybe you could do the same for other languages of 1st Gen. games. I long to research glitch Pokemon in a Spanish Pokemon Red. (Don't worry, I'll tell you lot about them)

We made codes pretty well for Green didn't we?

OMG.
theres this new invention with the Gameshark for Game Boy,
ITS CALLED THE CODE GENERATOR!! :o

Posted by: glitchuntress
Date: 2008-08-10 17:51:57
of course not all g/r/b/y glitches have been found
if that was true then what is the point of my mew trick experiments?

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2008-08-10 21:39:03

of course not all g/r/b/y glitches have been found
if that was true then what is the point of my mew trick experiments?

I think he's talking about glitch Pokemon, of which all (English-language) have been found

The reason why we aren't doing much foreign language research is because this is, after all, an English website. I attempted to recruit speakers of other languages to help make the site multilingual, but all we've got is a possible French-language partner site.

Posted by: Pato2747
Date: 2008-08-17 15:22:24
I'm offering myself to hunt glitches on the Spanish version of R/B/Y. After all, spanish is my native language. One thing I can assure you is that the little strip in cinnabar island has been reprogrammed correctly now; although is likely that the placeholder pokemons are still there.