Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

A few questions: - Page 1

A few questions:

Posted by: Choronzon
Date: 2008-08-10 20:57:24
1: what is the process one would go about to get this glitch (without gameshark):
http://glitchcity.info/glitchdex/RB:250

2: what are some of your movesets for your glitches (h Poke, A and a especially)

3: what do you guys think of A in general? (worth training?)

p.s. i don't have a GS, and i've already caught A, so you don't need to tell me not to bother.

Re: A few questions:

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2008-08-10 21:26:17

1: what is the process one would go about to get this glitch (without gameshark):
http://glitchcity.info/glitchdex/RB:250

Trade Y:250 from a Yellow version cart. Y:192 (aka 4 4 Hy) evolves into this somewhere between level 239 and 255. I believe using the Q trick to merge 4 4 Hy into an overleveled Pokemon obtained through Old Man trick should get you something around this level.

Doing Ditto trick, Q trick, Old Man, evolution, and trade is a lot to get one glitch, I know, but if you don't have Gameshark, well… :-\ Not really sure if it's any good for battle, its stats and TM/HM set is equivalent to Nidorino's so the only difference is the name and the level-up learnset. "TM" and "superglitch" moves aren't good for battling, by the way.

Date: 2008-08-11 08:36:36
alright. thanks. that is a lot of work… i think i'm fine with what i got.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2008-08-11 08:41:19
You know why Superglitch isn't good? It can do anything from scrambling graphics to deleting save files. (I know from personal experience). The TM moves, are not useful in battle due to having no PP, or having crappy accuracy or power.

Date: 2008-08-11 08:42:56
the only 'glitch move' i have actually used thus far is HM02, and i have to use an x accuracy for that to even work anyway….