Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Working on an Itemdex for R/B, Spanish Version - Page 1

Working on an Itemdex for R/B, Spanish Version

Posted by: Pato2747
Date: 2008-09-05 15:30:02
Inspired by this thread, and the works on Abwayax, I decided to find all glitch items in the Spanish version of Blue, based on the Itemdex and the big list that's here, in Glitchcity.info. Once I finish it, if I finish it, all the work will be under the name of GCL (And, of course, my name  :P )

Initial experimentations show a nice difference between the glitched items between one version and another, but do keep some similarities between those that reside in the HEX pointers that start to show 'glitchy' stuff.

This is the beginning of the .txt file. I started to pick some random HEX adresses, and check them out.
[spoiler]Itemdex information on the Spanish Version of Pokemon Blue (Pokemon Azul).

Only applies non-estandar items. 01xx23D3 for modifier.

HEX: 07

English: ????? (Surfboard)

Spanish: Same. Sometimes instead of saying "NAME jumped on ?????", it says "There's no place to

leave!" (In spanish).

Effect in Spanish (Off-battle): Same as english (Except for variation above?)

HEX: 83

English: : pu *rival?s name*E

Spanish: Sprite.

Effect in spanish (Off-battle): Freezes game, crashes emulator.

HEX: 8B

English: TRADE CENTER

SpanisH: …

Effect in Spanish (Off-battle): Time delay in opening the BAG menu. BAG menu glitchy with a white

rectangle below the screen showing the letter "x". Bag menu won't scroll up. using item crashes

ROM.

HEX: 8C

English: p'? Enemy

Spanish: [GLITCHBLOCKS]PkMn[JAPANESEANDGLITCHBLOCKS]ENem.PIDGEY[GLITCHBLOCKS]

Effect in Spanish (Off-battle): Crashes ROM.

HEX: 8D

English: a

Spanish: [Glitch]I[glitch]

Effect in Spanish (Off-battle): Acts as a healing item, probably Potion. Does not run out, but messes up graphics and sprite positions.[/spoiler]

Re: Working on an Itemdex for R/B, Spanish Version

Posted by: Gawaxay
Date: 2008-09-05 16:42:04
Can I help? Yes, I think I will help. I think I will begin now. Err, as soon as I find a Spanish Red ROM.

Date: 2008-09-05 17:21:45

Can I help? Yes, I think I will help. I think I will begin now. Err, as soon as I find a Spanish Red ROM.

I have the spanish Blue ROM, the one I'm working with, as well as the appropiate GS codes for it. Would that help?

Date: 2008-09-05 18:44:59

I have the spanish Blue ROM, the one I'm working with, as well as the appropiate GS codes for it. Would that help?

I found a Blue ROM somewhere on the Internet, so I'm covered there. But on topic, do you have a Wild Pok?mon Modifier code?

Date: 2008-09-05 20:18:53

I found a Blue ROM somewhere on the Internet, so I'm covered there. But on topic, do you have a Wild Pok?mon Modifier code?

I do have one. Oddly enough, the graphics of the opponent in the battle are all glitched up.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-09-05 20:41:32
That's normal.

Date: 2008-09-05 21:17:54

That's normal.

Then I do.  :D
EDIT: I made this video showing all items with an HEX pointer from 61 to 6F.

Date: 2008-09-06 14:08:56
I have tried HEX adress A5, and let me say that it's one of the weirdest glitches I've ever seen. I am not sure if this has been documented on the english version in another HEX adress, if so, tell me.

HEX adress is A5, used the "1st item on list" modifier.

The first image shows the name, and the second one shows the effect: It opens a glitched version of the user's PC, with items like FLY, Master ball, etc etc. It asks you to retrieve an object in the list. The music fades off until it stops and then some cry noises are heard at random. If you choose an ammount of stuff to retrieve, the text below states "Retrieved: Antidote" or some other item that is not on the list. After that, ROM and Emulator crash.
[attachment=1]
[attachment=2]

Date: 2008-09-06 15:16:33

I do have one. Oddly enough, the graphics of the opponent in the battle are all glitched up.

:P May I see it?

Date: 2008-09-06 16:11:23

:P May I see it?

Try with 01xxDDCF.