Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Guy Swimming Through Land (Pokémon Yellow) - Page 1

Guy Swimming Through Land (Pokémon Yellow)

Posted by: Mezase Master
Date: 2008-09-15 07:07:29
I was playing Pok?mon Yellow a few months ago and noticed something very peculiar.  While I was in that entrance building that goes toward Victory Road and Indigo Plateau, I was hanging around through the wild grass looking for a Fearow.  Right after I caught one, all of a sudden, on the side of the screen, there was this swimmer guy (probably one of the NPCs that checks for badges) to the left of me who came from the top of the screen just swimming downward through everything that got in his way!  I was too afraid to talk to him so I flew away, but after checking various sites (such as this one) haven't found anything like that.  Am I crazy here, or does anybody know what I'm talking about?

Re: Guy Swimming Through Land (Pokémon Yellow)

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2008-09-15 13:52:39
Hmm… I haven't had that happen to me. Do you have any pictures as proof?

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-09-15 15:57:20
Guy Swimming Through Land (Pok?mon Yellow)
Couldn't help it :D.
Anyway I don't really know what to say about this glitch. It would help if we could find out an actual cause, I suppose. By the way, was he solid? As in you couldn't go through him? Seems just the tiniest bit like one of the more well-known effects of the Yellow MissingNo..

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2008-09-15 16:01:05
Yellow MissingNo. causes the character or other characters, to walk across the screen, while your character is invisble and is on the other side of the screen.

Date: 2008-09-15 16:08:00

Yellow MissingNo. causes the character or other characters, to walk across the screen, while your character is invisble and is on the other side of the screen.
A slight resemblance nonetheless, as they can go through stuff.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2008-09-15 16:16:25
That is true. I've had a similar effect, when my Female Symbol, learned Superglitch, again. (Also, in your thread Guy, I've created two new Lickikicky's incase you haven't noticed. Back fusions, I'm unsure. I'll see, if I can.)

Posted by: Mezase Master
Date: 2008-09-15 16:37:29

Hmm… I haven't had that happen to me. Do you have any pictures as proof?
Nah, sorry.  I just wanted to get the heck out of there before my game glitched up even further, but I think it was just him.

And no, I did not interact with the guy at all for the same reason, I was too frightened.  I'm playing the game unmodified, so I don't have a Missingno. or anything like that.  Only thing I exploited was the Mew glitch.

Posted by: Yuzihax
Date: 2008-09-15 17:12:37

(Also, in your thread Guy, I've created two new Lickikicky's incase you haven't noticed. Back fusions, I'm unsure. I'll see, if I can.)

Keep on topic please kthx.

Posted by: glitchuntress
Date: 2008-09-15 21:37:53
I think I did that once too. Except it was a guy that walked through a pole thing (or what ever those cylinder things are).

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2008-09-18 01:44:24
I've seen stuff like that happen after viewing glitched Hall of Fames, except it was walking left and right as well as down. And I think it was a Pokeball.

Date: 2008-09-18 19:31:18

(Also, in your thread Guy, I've created two new Lickikicky's incase you haven't noticed. Back fusions, I'm unsure. I'll see, if I can.)

Keep on topic please kthx.
I don't see what's so off-topic about bringing up an inside joke. But I suppose it's best not to start up an argument.