Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Just a minor detail about .4 - Page 1

Just a minor detail about .4

Posted by: agusganog
Date: 2009-02-07 12:32:39
It learns TM 05 again at level 18 (unless it already knows it, of course). The GlitchDex is missing that information.

Also, to make deleting the Nameless Glitch Move that .4 starts with easier and less dangerous, just view pidgey in your Pokedex. This should make the game much less likely to crash (although the landscape may become glitched).

EDIT: To prevent .4 from evolving into a Kingler/Kangaskan/Whatever after learning/not-learning a move, first view Pidgey's Pokedex data. Then teach it a compatible TM move, like Thunder Wave or any level up move while in Route 1 and replace its first attack (the glitch move). .4 should not evolve when it learns a move by level up anymore due to that move (I'm not quite sure how a glitch move might effect evolution, but it does). Usually, replacing the Super Glitch move causes all sorts of glitches, but it should not in Route 1.

EDIT 2: Location also effects the name of its first move.

EDIT 3: After teaching replacing (or not) its glitch move, it is very likely that your name and pokemon party will become thoroughly screwed up. It is also very likely that all the wild Pokemon will have disappeared.

EDIT 4: Replacing the glitch move with a compatible TM is not required. If I deposit all of my Pokemon except for my level 8 .4 and level it up to level 9, replacing the Gltich Move with TM 05 does not cause any superglitch effects.

Re: Just a minor detail about .4

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-02-07 13:46:11
I've been trying to figure out that shit for a while thanks! Now I can catch a .4 and avoid Super Glitch's side effects when deleted. What relevence does Pidgey have that causes the Glitch move to be less dangerous?

Date: 2009-02-07 15:26:51
I'm not exactly sure. It seems like the game is just pulling random data for the move's name, and where it pulls it from depends on which pokemon you have seen last (like Ghost MissingNo.) Seeing Pidgey pulls less dangerous data, I guess.

Also, the likelihood of a crash may be caused by other factors as well, such as other Pokemon, Name, etc., so it might be different on your game.

Posted by: Thomas
Date: 2009-02-07 15:31:51
Thanks, this might help me study .4 better. I had one in my cartridge Red but it crashed the game no sooner than immediately after I used it in my first battle.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-02-07 15:43:00

I'm not exactly sure. It seems like the game is just pulling random data for the move's name, and where it pulls it from depends on which pokemon you have seen last (like Ghost MissingNo.) Seeing Pidgey pulls less dangerous data, I guess.

Also, the likelihood of a crash may be caused by other factors as well, such as other Pokemon, Name, etc., so it might be different on your game.

Ah I see. This might actually be a good submission for the GCL Wiki. I want to test this out so I'm going to make the .4 I got from yellow do battle with a Kabutops Missingno and I'll test out what would happen if I were to do what you said. As you said though it may be different depending on certain circumstances and I'm not entirely sure I want to risk messing with Super Glitch on my Cartridge until I'm absolutely sure that it is safe to do so. maybe I can get toast to check it (amityvilletoaster1 on youtube. We both know him.) Of course if you have a youtube video then that would be great too.

I'm not saying that you are wrong I just think that this needs to be studied further by others. I'd do it but I'm only at the beginning of red on my emulator. If I could borrow a .SAV file from someone to test it that would be nice. (I'm sure however that a .SAV file counts as a rom bios so probably not though.)

Date: 2009-02-07 18:37:42
When I said "like Ghost MissingNo" I meant effect-wise. Ghost MissingNo's stats and moves depend on the last pokemon you saw. I was making a comparison between the glitch move and Ghost MissingNo's effect.

But yeah, I might make a vid of this soon.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-02-08 04:01:11
Well well well, a Super Glitch development? I better test this out sometime soon…
By the way, .4's Super Glitch is BE, right?

Date: 2009-02-08 16:18:03

Well well well, a Super Glitch development? I better test this out sometime soon…
By the way, .4's Super Glitch is BE, right?

Yes.

Posted by: Thomas
Date: 2009-02-08 16:54:37
Damn, now I know what went wrong after I caught .4…I used Super Glitch by mistake!