Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Glitch movie "Symphonie" - Page 1

Glitch movie "Symphonie"

Posted by: Symphonie
Date: 2009-03-27 02:08:36
Ages ago, back in the infancy of Pokemon fandom, I remember reading about a glitch move called "Symphonie". However, there's no info about it on this site, and Google fails me too. Does this really exist or is my brain making it up? (And no, I don't remember what it was supposed to do, either.)

Re: Glitch movie "Symphonie"

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-03-27 03:32:40
There were indeed discussions of a glitch move called Symphonie (that exact spelling, no less). The only reason it's hard to find in Google is because discussion of it no longer happens (the last time I've seen anything about Symphonie was in 2004 or 2005). However, there are some posts from the Serebii.net forums that discuss Symphonie, which can be found here. There are scattered reports of it actually happening, but most think nowadays that it is another name used for either what is now called "Super Glitch" or the move known as TM28. Regardless, most descriptions of it are consistent with what we know of "Super Glitch", so that's probably what it is.

Note that the string "Symphonie" does not appear at all in the Red/Blue/Yellow code, see for yourself.