Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Missingno., MissingNO., or MissingNo.? - Page 1

Missingno., MissingNO., or MissingNo.?

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-03-28 16:00:08
I have always wondered which is the politically correct spelling. Is it Missingno., MissingNO., or MissingNo.? I have always used "MissingNo.".

Re: Missingno., MissingNO., or MissingNo.?

Posted by: Thomas
Date: 2009-03-28 16:06:03
I say Missingno. Don't ask me why.

Posted by: Missingno. Master
Date: 2009-03-28 17:12:39
Me, too.  Capitalizing the N or the NO just doesn't look right.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-03-28 18:03:09
MissingNo. 'Nuff said.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2009-03-28 18:34:37
Since it’s all caps in the game, how it should be capitalized is pretty much unknowable. I suppose we could call it Missing Number all the time?

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-03-28 18:51:43
This is as pointless a debate as thin crust vs. deep dish: it's a matter of preference, and no one side will ever win.

I prefer eating deep dish pizza with MissingNo.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-04-02 21:16:01
I looked at Nintendo's site for an answer, but they use both MissingNo. and MissingNO.. Other sources I've looked at suggest that both "no" and "No" are acceptable abbreviations of "number".

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-04-03 04:11:35
I've always called Missing Number, MissingNo. Short for Missing Number, as it has no number. All though I do call MissingNo. Ketsuban , Japanese for MissingNo./Missing Number.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-04-15 19:39:04
MissingNO. I just have a gut feeling.

Date: 2009-04-15 19:52:55
MissingNo. makes more sense.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-04-16 18:27:22

MissingNo. makes more sense.

True.
Considering my display name is like MisssingNO., it's likely I would think that is the correct way to spell it.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2009-04-17 04:19:36

I looked at Nintendo's site for an answer, but they use both MissingNo. and MissingNO.. Other sources I've looked at suggest that both "no" and "No" are acceptable abbreviations of "number".

..and on that page they reveal that they know nothing of fixing scrambled graphics (just look at the stats of a normal pokemon, if you don't know).

Date: 2009-04-17 07:17:09
Battling does repair the HoF, but in my Red, (my old one before I had to get it replaced), I saw a glitch that was black and red.