Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Pokemon Green Research with Translations (Hopefully) - Page 1

Pokemon Green Research with Translations (Hopefully)

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-04-03 08:13:27
Okay, I've begun my research with Green, and the aid of Pokemon Wiki, with their Japanese written Pokemon names, so I hope my plan will work and we can get the Greendex, sorted. So, far I've begun with a code of 9D, like one of the Decamark codes, so I'm unsure on what this "glitch/Pokemon" will appear as. I'll get screens shots, as well. Also before I forget, I might create videos of this as well. Okay, it seems this won't work. So, this can be trashed. I guess it was worth a try, but I'm just unsure on half of the symbols, as I can't find some of 'em. Sorry guys, I have tried. I was thinking that if there was some sort of way to edit the memory of the game, to find out how to change it to turn the text into English instead of Japanese, but I don't know.

Re: Pokemon Green Research with Translations (Hopefully)

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-04-03 14:02:46
If you edit the ROM, you edit the glitches and the way they act so no.

Unless you mean VRAM/Enemy Pokemon Name Bytes editing then go ahead and try.

Re: Pokemon Green Research with Translations (Hopefully)

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-04-03 14:42:17
Uh, I know nothing about editing, a ROM memory or whatever. Name bytes, I'm clueless with. It's no point explaining to me, I'll only forget, since I have very short-term memory loss, and I tend to get confused too quickly.