Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Mew Glitch Variant: Explanation Needed - Page 1

Mew Glitch Variant: Explanation Needed

Posted by: drfsupercenter
Date: 2009-05-18 19:16:07
Hi,

I was messing around with my Red game, and discovered a strange "variant" to the infamous Mew glitch.  See a video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyUEFi1qD-U&fmt=18

Basically, you do the same thing as you'd always do, but the thing here that causes that dialog box to pop up is you have to heal at the Pok?mon center before activating the glitch.  In my case, I had to Teleport to avoid walking onto that route.  And yes it's a Gengar… that's just because of who I fought.  It should work with any Pok?mon.

Does anyone know why exactly instead of the Start menu popping up, I get a dialog box from the Team Rocket leader?  I have a theory, but it's probably wrong… so I'm interested in what you all have to say.  I also noticed the random trainer sprite that seems to move as soon as the battle starts (does that even if you do the glitch the normal way), and again, I ask: Why?

PS - another thing I discovered was the first trainer in Misty's gym gives you a Mew, same as the Slowpoke trainer.  So I got two of them instead of just one.  ;D

Re: Mew Glitch Variant: Explanation Needed

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-05-18 20:42:40
Activating events usually gives things other than the start menu, the start menu is just most common.

Posted by: drfsupercenter
Date: 2009-05-18 21:48:28
I get that, but what's the connection between healing at the Pok?mon Center and a Rocket Grunt dialog?

Date: 2009-05-25 21:00:29
It just happens to be the event set off when entering the route because you healed first.

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-05-29 21:16:16
What exactly does this variant do?

Date: 2009-05-30 00:56:05
It pops up a random event scrip other than the start menu, nothing to major but it is interesting.

Posted by: glitchuntress
Date: 2009-06-07 13:43:21
ARGHHHHH!!!!!
*screams*
http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php/topic,3979.0.html