Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Crystal Mew: Ditto Trick pokemon over FF - Page 1

Crystal Mew: Ditto Trick pokemon over FF

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-09-11 22:54:26
http://data.forumhoster.com/forum_missingno/index.php?showtopic=684&view=findpost&p=11412

Well, we get to laugh at our archenemy again. XD

Re: Crystal Mew: Ditto Trick pokemon over FF

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2006-09-11 22:58:27
Worst Problem on the Internet: Stupid Users

*cough*CRYSTAL MEW!*cough*

Posted by: PokemonPichu
Date: 2006-09-11 22:59:18
XD

Maybe I should work on the list more sometimes… Then Crystallized Mew (XD I love messing with names) will have to find something else to say how GCL is "bad".

Date: 2006-09-11 23:07:03
it's amazing how this guy can badmouth our list, but if you looked at HIS list, you'd see that it's even worse than ours

http://geocities.com/nthny_s/rby_g.html#mew

guy thinks he discovered the Mew/Ditto trick, and he actually accused some other site of stealing "his idea" when they made a list
http://data.forumhoster.com/forum_missingno/index.php?showtopic=560&view=findpost&p=9380

anyway, CM is the exception to the no flaming rule. You can't flame Saddam Hussein, you can't flame Osama Bin Laden, but Crystal Mew is fair game

Date: 2006-09-11 23:07:23
ok, you can flame bin laden too

Date: 2006-09-11 23:10:46
O_o Crystallized Mew isn't very smart judging by his site!

Date: 2006-09-11 23:13:43

O_o Crystallized Mew isn't very smart judging by his site!

he mostly took crap from pokeglitch

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2006-09-11 23:17:04
Thats really sad.
Hey abwayax if you find his I.P. somewhere,I.P. ban him from the site. :)

Date: 2006-09-11 23:18:43
It's a bit easy to get one's IP sometimes…

Date: 2006-09-12 19:42:51
Should I join the Missingno. Forums?

Posted by: rby4ever
Date: 2006-09-13 12:47:58
This is about as purposeful as researching Missingno. again…

Look, I don't know exactly what this Crystal Mew character has done to deserve this treatment. Frankly I don't care, that's beside the point.

Newb bashing may seem like a fun sport, but it really is nothing but a waste of time, and can get you into some unexpected trouble.

Yeah, we have a guy here who thinks "he knows" and clearly doesn't ("above" FF? ABOVE? Ok wise guy, what's the next hex number up from FF?). He is also willing to lie to make himself look better while slandering others (they stole all my research, my chart is way better, etc.). And… anything else I'm unaware of.

So, you guys want to go on the forums, call them the idiot that they are, make fun of them, and hurl internet acronyms and Ad Ignorantiums like no tomorrow… while disproving everything they say on the side. What do you come away with at the end of the day? The guy doesn't like you any more than you started with, the guy doesn't change his ways, you've expended time that could've been spent on new research, and to some people… you're going to look like an unbridled prick.

For the most part, just focus on your own stuff. What another is doing somewhere else has no bearing on what you are doing. Maybe you're concerned with your website ranking… I wouldn't be. Research sites generally don't get ranked high because they don't cater to the lowest common denominator. If you want to be #1, you gotta "post about every time Pokemon makes an appearance on a bag of cheezy poofs" (as JT Toad put it… on the Azure board 6 years ago).

If you insist on going to go to someone else's forum that deals in the same subject as yours, then keep it civil. Be polite. If they throw it back in your face, then leave, and never speak or think of them again. This way, anyone who looks at the conversation who isn't also an asshole will see you as a good willed, intelligent person. The other person will look like the asshole. The person may decide they'd rather hang around with you… to help you, or try to learn something from you. Hey, what do you know… a new recruit!

If you need any more reasons not to use newbs for clayshooting, just remember: sometimes, you'll make mistakes. You may have the most advanced knowledge in your field in the world, but the fact is you're human, and are not immune to even the most stupid mistakes. And some day, you'll make one such mistake while trying to "pwn" that annoying newb who deserves to be pwned… and YOU will be pwned. And it won't matter how right you "really" are…

I speak from experience you see.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2006-09-13 12:58:20
("above" FF? ABOVE? Ok wise guy, what's the next hex number up from FF?).

Well it is 0100 but……You cannot get that far crazy children, as the game doesn't have pokemon that high Crazy children!!!! Strictly speaking 0100 is the next one up from 00FF, of course 00 is the next one from FF!

CRAZY CHILDREN!!!!

Date: 2006-09-14 19:44:14

This is about as purposeful as researching Missingno. again…

Look, I don't know exactly what this Crystal Mew character has done to deserve this treatment. Frankly I don't care, that's beside the point.

Newb bashing may seem like a fun sport, but it really is nothing but a waste of time, and can get you into some unexpected trouble.

Yeah, we have a guy here who thinks "he knows" and clearly doesn't ("above" FF? ABOVE? Ok wise guy, what's the next hex number up from FF?). He is also willing to lie to make himself look better while slandering others (they stole all my research, my chart is way better, etc.). And… anything else I'm unaware of.

So, you guys want to go on the forums, call them the idiot that they are, make fun of them, and hurl internet acronyms and Ad Ignorantiums like no tomorrow… while disproving everything they say on the side. What do you come away with at the end of the day? The guy doesn't like you any more than you started with, the guy doesn't change his ways, you've expended time that could've been spent on new research, and to some people… you're going to look like an unbridled prick.

For the most part, just focus on your own stuff. What another is doing somewhere else has no bearing on what you are doing. Maybe you're concerned with your website ranking… I wouldn't be. Research sites generally don't get ranked high because they don't cater to the lowest common denominator. If you want to be #1, you gotta "post about every time Pokemon makes an appearance on a bag of cheezy poofs" (as JT Toad put it… on the Azure board 6 years ago).

If you insist on going to go to someone else's forum that deals in the same subject as yours, then keep it civil. Be polite. If they throw it back in your face, then leave, and never speak or think of them again. This way, anyone who looks at the conversation who isn't also an arsehole will see you as a good willed, intelligent person. The other person will look like the arsehole. The person may decide they'd rather hang around with you… to help you, or try to learn something from you. Hey, what do you know… a new recruit!

If you need any more reasons not to use newbs for clayshooting, just remember: sometimes, you'll make mistakes. You may have the most advanced knowledge in your field in the world, but the fact is you're human, and are not immune to even the most stupid mistakes. And some day, you'll make one such mistake while trying to "pwn" that annoying newb who deserves to be pwned… and YOU will be pwned. And it won't matter how right you "really" are…

I speak from experience you see.

You don't think we should do n00b bashing either? Here's a list of what he has done:
1. Took over PokeGlitch and done nothing on it. Now, PokeGlitch, one of the best Pokemon glitch sites, is dead.
2. Thinks we stole his "work" and doesn't want us posting glitches from PokeGlitch at all.
3. DoSed the last Glitch City.
I think there are some more that Crystal Mew has done.

Date: 2006-09-14 21:06:51
you know, perhaps rby4ever has a point. maybe we are going a bit overboard.

and PU, we don't know if he attacked the last GC or not. I just said I think he did, seeing as how it went out at around the same time he spammed the Glitch Wars (my fanfic series) forums.

Posted by: rby4ever
Date: 2006-09-14 21:11:21
3. DoSed the last Glitch City.

Ehh… that's illegal. If you have proof, you shouldn't be bashing him - you should go straight to the authorities and get his arse busted.

Plus.. if he had the power to launch a DoS attack, you think bashing him is gonna make him not want to do it? lol