Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

instant battle? - Page 1

instant battle?

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2009-07-01 09:39:07
My yellow version is old, and I mean really old. One time I talked to the chansey at the Pokemon center and it went instantly to a battle. Why? Why the fuck was I in a battle with a level 4 Marowak?
I was in lavender town when this happened. You couldn't catch it though, it froze when I threw a poke ball. (it's all I had at the time)

Re: instant battle?

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-07-01 09:51:08
Probably the same reason on how I fought a grimer on the route near vermillion city after reading how clean Vermillion city is and does not have Grimer anywhere near it when I was like 7/8.  I wasn't even in grass, I was on normal walking tiles and then after I beat/caught the Grimer, the text "WIN LOSE OR DRAW!" came up and I started battling the Gambler on the same route (Gambler was no where near where I was) then after I beat him I get the text "WIN LOSE OR DRAW!" and I fought him again after I beat him I get the text "WIN LOSE OR DRAW!" etc. etc. until I shut the game off.

Date: 2009-07-01 09:53:07
they need to build an exact remake of the game but for a different system so the battery's don't die. (i can't use emulation on the go)

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-07-01 11:49:19

they need to build an exact remake of the game but for a different system so the battery's don't die. (i can't use emulation on the go)

Pok?mon FireRed/LeafGreen unless you mean something PORTED from GB/GBC to GBA/DS/DSi that just used the exact datafile just translated ASM wise…

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-07-01 12:09:22
I think he's on about the second of your choices.

Date: 2009-07-01 12:22:32
Jolteon is correct.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-07-01 21:57:20
They won't, due to the code being buggy.

Date: 2009-07-02 09:11:16
That's homofaggot.
Emulators just don't cut it, I want to battle REAL people.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2009-07-03 04:45:50

Probably the same reason on how I fought a grimer on the route near vermillion city after reading how clean Vermillion city is and does not have Grimer anywhere near it when I was like 7/8.  I wasn't even in grass, I was on normal walking tiles and then after I beat/caught the Grimer, the text "WIN LOSE OR DRAW!" came up and I started battling the Gambler on the same route (Gambler was no where near where I was) then after I beat him I get the text "WIN LOSE OR DRAW!" and I fought him again after I beat him I get the text "WIN LOSE OR DRAW!" etc. etc. until I shut the game off.

That is actually quite funny and ironic, almost as if grimers want to curse you for talking to people about how clean the place is but that sounds unrealistic.

Once I encountered a level 236 Dodrio in the house to Saffron where you need to give the guard a drink that did not end up in a continous loop though, my pokemon were no match to it but luckily caught it with an ultra ball.