Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Another Theory of the Mew Trick! - Page 1

Another Theory of the Mew Trick!

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-07-21 11:42:59
Apparently, this guy uses Teleport.

Watch:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkF7Xjxn9jc[/youtube]

Re: Another Theory of the Mew Trick!

Posted by: agusganog
Date: 2009-07-21 12:28:22
How is this a theory?

I used teleport the first time I performed this glitch. Not exactly new information.

Date: 2009-07-21 15:07:45

How is this a theory?

I used teleport the first time I performed this glitch. Not exactly new information.

Theory, way of doing.
We have a different way of doing the Mew Trick on the site, so we could put this on the wiki as well.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-07-21 21:43:50
Anything that warps you from your current location (ie: Fly, Dig, Teleport, Escape Rope) can be used for the glitch.

Date: 2009-07-21 23:34:05

Anything that warps you from your current location (ie: Fly, Dig, Teleport, Escape Rope) can be used for the glitch.

But, the glitch is encountered at the Nugget Bridge, he doesn't battle the Old Man.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-07-22 00:01:25
There's a long list of people you can use, Super Neard, that old gambler guy, some fisherman on the route from lavender town to Fushia City, the bug catcher north of vermillion, etc.

Date: 2009-07-22 00:25:47

There's a long list of people you can use, Super Neard, that old gambler guy, some fisherman on the route from lavender town to Fushia City, the bug catcher north of vermillion, etc.

Could you do them in any combination?

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-07-22 08:50:43

Could you do them in any combination?

Assuming you want Mew, it doesn't matter which of these trainers you use, as long as you battle another Pokemon with a special of 21 and then immediately enter the route/cave/etc. you flew/teleported/etc. away from the original trainer (for example, the Gambler on Route 8 ).

But, the glitch is encountered at the Nugget Bridge, he doesn't battle the Old Man.

This was actually how I obtained my Mew on my Red version. I had recently started my Red over when I first heard about the Mew trick, and I used this version of the trick because it was the easiest Mew trick to do when you started the game over.

Posted by: glitchuntress
Date: 2009-07-24 15:22:15

Yeah there's like:
One in Viridian Forest
One on Route 24
One on Route 6
One on Route 11
One on Route 9
One in the Rock Tunnel
One on Route 16
Two on Route 8
Two on Route 17
Three on Route 14
Three on Route 12
Three on Route 21
Four on Route 19
and Five on Route 20

Although that's only in Pokemon Yellow, I don't know if most of them are in G/R/B, I'm pretty sure the guy in Viridian forest isn't there.

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-07-24 15:50:24

Yeah there's like:
One in Viridian Forest
One on Route 24
One on Route 6
One on Route 11
One on Route 9
One in the Rock Tunnel
One on Route 16
Two on Route 8
Two on Route 17
Three on Route 14
Three on Route 12
Three on Route 21
Four on Route 19
and Five on Route 20

Although that's only in Pokemon Yellow, I don't know if most of them are in G/R/B, I'm pretty sure the guy in Viridian forest isn't there.

I'll have to check to see if I battled all those trainers. Unfortunately, back when I was a noob and unknowledgable (spelling) when it came to glitching, I decided to battle all of the trainers in the game on Pokemon Yellow. The same file I did this on has also almost caught all 151 pokemon. I would transfer all of the pokemon on Yellow to Pokemon Stadium (and than back to Yellow after starting over), but my Transfer Pack has been known to delete files (including my beloved Mew which took 2 hours to get). I'll check to see whether I missed any trainers when I have the time (and than try to find glitch pokemon).

EDIT: The teleporting Abra version of this trick should be posted on the main site.

Posted by: Liam
Date: 2009-08-13 17:47:24
This topic needs to be deleted this isn't new at all

What topics next? " I found a pokegod in emerald called lugia. Is found by taking a boat rude to a glitch island demension you are brought there by a glitches item called mystery gift. I will research this and will be know as Liam after myself. I expect to find away to migrAte this by 2011.." lol… Ure painful kid :'(

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-08-13 18:10:37

What topics next? " I found a pokegod in emerald called lugia. Is found by taking a boat rude to a glitch island demension you are brought there by a glitches item called mystery gift. I will research this and will be know as Liam after myself. I expect to find away to migrAte this by 2011.." lol… Ure painful kid :'(

Was that really necessary?
I won't lock it yet.

Posted by: boxman
Date: 2009-08-13 19:21:27
Added guidelines for using Teleport with the Ditto trick to the Wiki. I'm surprised it hasn't been put on there already, anyway its currently awaiting approval.

Date: 2009-08-13 22:36:17

Please learn how to type correctly, and you MUST use "You're" not "Ure."

Posted by: Inquisitor
Date: 2009-08-15 12:13:59
You can do this even with a pokemon that knows dig if you manage to find a trainer in a cavern that will battle you right when he appears in the screen. Nothing new.