Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Help if possible. - Page 1

Help if possible.

Posted by: Inquisitor
Date: 2009-08-15 11:56:26
I'm trying to get Vulpix on pokemon red. The only possible way to get it is apparently through the Mew/Ditto glitch. Using the Mew/Ditto glitch, I've already captured Chansey, Mewth and Mew itself. But I'm definitively too lazy to train another pokemon to have special stats 82 (My Kadabra failed to achieve 82, it went on 81 and then on 83, and I wasn't able to give it any more item to increase its special stats). So is there a way to know WHICH trainer can give you a Vulpix through the use of the Mew glitch (NOT the ditto one)? Thanks, Vulpix is (with Ninetales) the only pokemon I need to complete the first generation Pokedex on pokemon gold.

Re: Help if possible.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-08-15 12:00:20
You can get a Vulpix, from Red (or Blue I forgot), capture one from at the Pokemon Mansion/Game Corner, then trade it to Gold.

Date: 2009-08-15 12:04:50
I don't have pokemon blue… I only have pokemon red… Vulpix doesn't appear here, and I'm certainly not going to buy a new pokemon game just to have two pokemons.

Date: 2009-08-15 12:08:27
You can get one by GameShark/GameGenie. You can't buy the games anymore, for the GB, it's rare to find 'em here in England. Check the main site, they might have a clue. I'm sure you can get 'em on Crystal, but I haven't played since I lost my data.

Date: 2009-08-15 12:32:47
…No. I can't buy Gameshark now (Thoguh MAYBE I'm going to get it on christmas along with pokemon platinum, I want to have all the pokemons that exist by now), nor can I buy pokemon crystal or anything else. I only have Pokemon Gold and Pokemon Red. Vulpix doesn't appear in the wild here, just like Meowth, but you can get a level 7 meowth by having a pokemon with 77 special stats and by performing the ditto glitch. I want a vulpix too, but I'm definitively too lazy to train another Abra (I don't even have the money to buy it!) until it reaches special stats 82. So I was wondering if there's a way to check which trainer will give you *INSERT POKEMON NAME HERE* pokemon.

Date: 2009-08-15 12:48:41
Trading for another Pokemnon. I know the kid in Cerulean gives you Dux - Farfetch'd,  somewhere else a Jnyx. Bulbapedia, says that there is some in Silver only (wild), and it says Vulpix can be found in Route 7 & 8, but in Yellow Rocket Game Corner. Seems like you'll have to find away to get an Abra either by Wild or Game Corner. There is no Trainer who gives you a Vulpix by trade.

Posted by: IttyBitty
Date: 2009-08-15 13:01:17
None of the trainers have a pokemon that'll give you a Vulpix, but special 83 with the Ditto trick gets a Ninetails, and you could always trade that over to Gold and breed it.

Date: 2009-08-15 13:08:46
That is true. I bought R/B on their release dates, since it would of saved me screwing around with tricks, since in case I met get a glitch or something that would trash my games.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-08-15 13:19:42

None of the trainers have a pokemon that'll give you a Vulpix, but special 83 with the Ditto trick gets a Ninetails, and you could always trade that over to Gold and breed it.

Yes they do, you just have to have one with a level of ~25-46 probably.

Date: 2009-08-15 15:43:39

So you mean none of the trainers will make a Vulpix appear if I use the mew glitch? Wow this is funny… I can get Mew but I can't get Vulpix. Well, then I think the only way to get a Vulpix is a special 82 pokemon.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2009-08-15 16:20:15
Do not need to catch a pokemon and raise it from a low level, you could go and catch a high level pokemon such as ones in Unknown Dungeon/Cerelean Cave. I can confirm that the Goldbats and Arboks in the first section have about 70-90 special. Goldbats are often closest. Or you could something lower like a Dotrio and raise it. Abra to a high level is a bit much.

People with pokemon that high are probably in Victory road if you did want to check. But there aren't many Trainers you could use.

Posted by: IttyBitty
Date: 2009-08-16 00:08:31

Whoops, I was mistaken. A Tamer in Victory Road ("Come on! I'll whip you!") will generate a Vulpix when using the Ditto trick…without…the, uh, Ditto (beat the trainer and head back to the route for the start menu to come up).

…I just used this.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gameboy/file/198314/27916

Date: 2009-08-16 16:58:19

Do not need to catch a pokemon and raise it from a low level, you could go and catch a high level pokemon such as ones in Unknown Dungeon/Cerelean Cave. I can confirm that the Goldbats and Arboks in the first section have about 70-90 special. Goldbats are often closest. Or you could something lower like a Dotrio and raise it. Abra to a high level is a bit much.

People with pokemon that high are probably in Victory road if you did want to check. But there aren't many Trainers you could use.

Whoops, I was mistaken. A Tamer in Victory Road ("Come on! I'll whip you!") will generate a Vulpix when using the Ditto trick…without…the, uh, Ditto (beat the trainer and head back to the route for the start menu to come up).

…I just used this.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gameboy/file/198314/27916

Awesome! Thanks a lot guys! I finished my first generation pokedex on pokemon gold :D