Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

What's up with my pokemon red - Page 1

What's up with my pokemon red

Posted by: Inquisitor
Date: 2009-08-16 17:07:23
I just traded every pokemon from it and got the first 151 of the pokedex pokemons on pokemon yellow. So now my red is like, should we say, useless. So I though "Let's encounter MissingNo. and see if the rumors of it destroying games is true". Well I did the trick to capture it using the mew glitch and found it (also apparently found other gltich pokemons, the only one I don't want to find is charizard 'M because that will seriously screw up everything), problem is, when I meet it at the route where I started the glitch, the menu pops up, I close it, and a battle against a wild pokemon starts, and then… nothing. I mean it's not that I find another pokemon or anything, it's just that nothing at all happens. I can't see any pokemon because as the battle start the game screen becomes blank and the game freezes. So I tried to do this again and again but the results are the same… For some reason my pokemon red doesn't like MissingNo. : (

Re: What's up with my pokemon red

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-08-16 17:13:43
I've done the Mew Trick on my Yellow to get the Yellow MissingNo. and Mew, but I do remember screwing it up once, where I fought a "Nerd", but he said something normal, and he had normal, then the second time he said something in glitched, and this happened about 3 times, and I had the little Ash's walking all over the screen, but nothing happens. It's possible, you might of triggered off a glitch, that has the same effect as the Yellow MissingNo. does on Yellow. Sometimes it will freeze the game, or trigger the MISSINGNO. LEARNED! until the game crashes, but I think it was PKMNPKMN, the one that's black and red, that can cause the game to freeze.

Posted by: IttyBitty
Date: 2009-08-16 17:38:59

I just traded every pokemon from it and got the first 151 of the pokedex pokemons on pokemon yellow. So now my red is like, should we say, useless. So I though "Let's encounter MissingNo. and see if the rumors of it destroying games is true". Well I did the trick to capture it using the mew glitch and found it (also apparently found other gltich pokemons, the only one I don't want to find is charizard 'M because that will seriously screw up everything), problem is, when I meet it at the route where I started the glitch, the menu pops up, I close it, and a battle against a wild pokemon starts, and then… nothing. I mean it's not that I find another pokemon or anything, it's just that nothing at all happens. I can't see any pokemon because as the battle start the game screen becomes blank and the game freezes. So I tried to do this again and again but the results are the same… For some reason my pokemon red doesn't like MissingNo. : (

What about Missingno found via the Old Man trick? Does that one behave the same way for you?

Date: 2009-08-16 17:44:26
I've used the Old Man trick many times over the years and no damaged happend, other than my trashed Hall of Fame, no game damage. MissingNo. or any version of it, doesn't damage the game.

Posted by: Inquisitor
Date: 2009-08-17 02:28:55

I've done the Mew Trick on my Yellow to get the Yellow MissingNo. and Mew, but I do remember screwing it up once, where I fought a "Nerd", but he said something normal, and he had normal, then the second time he said something in glitched, and this happened about 3 times, and I had the little Ash's walking all over the screen, but nothing happens. It's possible, you might of triggered off a glitch, that has the same effect as the Yellow MissingNo. does on Yellow. Sometimes it will freeze the game, or trigger the MISSINGNO. LEARNED! until the game crashes, but I think it was PKMNPKMN, the one that's black and red, that can cause the game to freeze.

Yeah I've heard the yellow missingno is much glitchier than the blue/red one, though I don't know if it does damage your game or not.

What about Missingno found via the Old Man trick? Does that one behave the same way for you?

I'm from Europe, and europe (italian) versions of pokemon blue/red don't have the old man trick (unfortunately).

Date: 2009-08-17 09:55:39
Neither does Pokemon Green, and I have the Yellow MissingNo. on my cartridge Yellow and no damage has been done. Whoever said MissingNo, kills your game is a load of BS. My Yellow has been faulty ever since my GBC slipped out of my hands and onto my foot, but my data has been living for the last nearly 3 years, where after a few months my data is gone, but I think YM has helped my Yellow. I did plan on raising it, but the bugger has dropped to Level 1. I'll see if I can get a picture of YM on my game with my laptops webcam. And here is the picture. It's no perfect, but it's the ony thing I have for a camera. It hasn't caused any damage.

[IMG]http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh317/GlitchHunterMutouYami/YellowMissingNo.png[/img]

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-08-21 08:40:00
Yikes, so it DOES have 42/14 HP.