Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Disappearing People - Page 1

Disappearing People

Posted by: alfons
Date: 2009-08-30 09:35:33
Hi folks!

I was messing around a little with my Pokemon Red (German version, I'm from Germany) and I noticed something:
When I went to Cerulean, the guy you recieve the nugget from after nugget bridge was gone. When I looked around a little more I also saw that the man that usually blocks the entrance to Mewtwo's dungeon was gone and I could walk in (I've not beaten the E4 yet). Both persons did not return up to now.

Did someone of you guys notice a similar thing?

I think it has something to do with the Mew glitch. I performed a few of these on that route. Perhaps you can make certain people disappear just like the two Snorlaxes.

Re: Disappearing People

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-08-30 09:43:33
How exactly were you messing around?

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-08-30 12:38:02
Actually, a similar thing happened to me on Pokemon Yellow after going "Yellow MissingNo. hunting". I'd just captured the damn thing, and then, after ignoring the usual "Various random sprites walking around" I noticed the guy outside Cerulean's cave was gone. I'm glad I'm not alone on this experience. Now… WHAT could cause such a thing? A random error in the game's coding?

Posted by: Bassmasta
Date: 2009-08-30 14:11:23
Well when I researched the Spanish Blue MissingNo., it behaved more like the Yellow MissingNo than the North American Red and Blue MissingNo. Since he's using the German version, I would assume that its similar as the Spanish one. If he messed with around with MissingNo., maybe he's have the same effects that 666Jolteon had with his Yellow. Otherwise, I'm not sure what it could be.

Date: 2009-09-01 06:48:09

How exactly were you messing around?

I did the Ditto-Trick with Special Stats of 227 (Making Chief appear, the word was not translated to German), 252 and 255 (Making glitch trainers appear, that did not cause the ZZAZZ glitch) and I did the Old Man Trick with appearing Prof. Oak, Gary, Lorelei and x'M, but I did not catch the German Versin of 'M. I'm not sure weather or not I started a new Game since then, but I also made MissingNo. appear with the Mew-Trick when I battled the second Fisherman that you see if you go from Lavender town to Fuchsia City.
In the beginning I also did the "Mew Teleport Trick", making Mew, Nidoqueen and Cubone appear. I also skipped Rock Tunnel. But I did not notice anything special after that.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2009-09-01 15:13:02
wait wait wait, what did you say ? 252 and 255 doesn't cause ZZAZZ in the German version of R/B ? I wonder if anything does cause ZZAZZ in .de/.fr/.es/.it(/.ja) versions of R/B(/Y).

Date: 2009-09-03 04:25:47

wait wait wait, what did you say ? 252 and 255 doesn't cause ZZAZZ in the German version of R/B ? I wonder if anything does cause ZZAZZ in .de/.fr/.es/.it(/.ja) versions of R/B(/Y).

Well, no, it did not. As I said, glitch trainers appeared. They had glitched and non-glitched Pokemon and the game froze at a certain point in the battle. But my Pokemon were the same as usual, no Bulbasaurs, no Explosion, no messed up name. Items did not finish the battle. I think I'll try with Special Stats of 251, 253 and 254 in the next days.

Posted by: Bassmasta
Date: 2009-09-03 05:53:16
The exact same things happened with 252 and 255 in the Spanish version of Blue. 252 gave an opcode error and 255 just had a regular game freeze.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2009-09-03 11:45:13
haha :P
ZZAZZ ? no, emulator crash !! :P