Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Ditto/Mew Trick Variations - Page 1

Ditto/Mew Trick Variations

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-11-03 16:53:06
If this is okay, I may do a list of Ditto Trick variations (ie, when you battle this Youngster, you will battle a Gyarados, etc.) Of course, this isn't really the Ditto Trick, since I'm not using Ditto to intentionally get specific Pokémon.

I think you guys will understand this better when the list gets bigger(I just got this idea).

2 things before I start:
1. If this list isn't neccessary/the admins don't like it/meh, any reason, I'll close it down.
2. I haven't forgotten about decamarking, I just got nostalgic for Red glitching. Nobody can go too long without wanting to play Generations 1 or 2  :P

Okay, I'll stop babbling and start now, goddammit

SS Anne

Rival Battle on SS Anne (finished with Charmeleon): When going back to route, some Youngster says his usual battle text. He has a normal Ekans. After the battle, he says his usual 'Darn it' phrase. However, you're tossed right back into the same battle, except this time, he spams glitch text for his battle text and loss phrase. This loops about two or three times. Than, if you beat him, the battle's over. (Note: Did the trick again- different result. The battle text for the Youngster appeared, than I battled an Onix.  O_o  I'm going to do this some more and see what I get [of course, you guys have probably already researched this, and I just don't know it  :P]) Note 2: Most of the time I just faced a wild Onix, but sometimes the battle was preceded by battle text
Lass on SS Anne First Floor, 5th room from Right: Machoke Staryu
Youngster in same room as above Lass: Gastly
Sailor One on deck: Machoke
Sailor Two on deck: Tentacool
Fisherman in second room from right on floor where you battle Rival: Tentacool
Gentleman in same room as Fisherman: Missingno. Variant
Gentleman in 4th room from right floor where you battle Rival: Pinsir
Lass also in 4th room: Gastly

Re: Ditto/Mew Trick Variations

Posted by: IttyBitty
Date: 2009-11-03 17:12:43

Rival Battle on SS Anne (finished with Charmeleon): When going back to route, some Youngster says his usual battle text. He has a normal Ekans. After the battle, he says his usual 'Darn it' phrase. However, you're tossed right back into the same battle, except this time, he spams glitch text for his battle text and loss phrase. This loops about two or three times. Than, if you beat him, the battle's over.

Sounds kinda like the '0 Error' trick right outside of Vermillion….

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-11-03 17:20:46

Rival Battle on SS Anne (finished with Charmeleon): When going back to route, some Youngster says his usual battle text. He has a normal Ekans. After the battle, he says his usual 'Darn it' phrase. However, you're tossed right back into the same battle, except this time, he spams glitch text for his battle text and loss phrase. This loops about two or three times. Than, if you beat him, the battle's over.

Sounds kinda like the '0 Error' trick right outside of Vermillion….

Yeah, probably is. Wasn't even thinking about 0 error when I started this list.

Posted by: glitchuntress
Date: 2009-11-15 15:27:54
I already made a thread like this…

*sigh* My research is so under noticed.

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-11-15 17:49:52

I already made a thread like this…

*sigh* My research is so under noticed.

That thread is pretty old, maybe we would have noticed it if you had kept updating it.  And if you want your research noticed, just post your stuff on this thread.

Posted by: glitchuntress
Date: 2009-11-15 19:40:37
That's true, I just am very easily discourged and it didn't help that I lost the data I had on my computer.