Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Minor Glitch Discovery Pokémon Red - Page 1

Minor Glitch Discovery Pokémon Red

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-11-13 11:15:32
I found a minor glitch today in Pokémon Red concerning Cinnabar Island's Amazing Man. I don't know if it has already been documented and/or discovered.

As we know (as it is on the main site), going in front of the Cinnabar Gym while it is locked from the strait of sea where one can find Missingno. and other glitch and high-level Pokémon triggers the Amazing Man appearing on top of Cinnabar Island. Something very similar happens when you go directly from the Pokémon Lab in Cinnabar to the front of the gym: the man appears right below you. As soon as you exit the text box saying 'the door is locked' he dissapears and reappears in his normal Cinnabar spot.

I'm attatching a screenshot and my save state to help explain the glitch.

[img]http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/angrysmurfdecamarking/AmazingManDiscoveryScreenCapture.png?t=1258132105[/img]

Oh, and by the way, the save state is purely for glitch purposes. If you're wondering how I got to Cinnabar with only the first three badges, I used a Surfboard.

EDIT: You must go to the very edge of the coast (without surfing) to activate the glitch. Here are the steps:
1. Exit Pokémon Lab.
2. Walk right until you cannot go right anymore without surfing.
3. Walk up until you're stopped by the gym.
4. Walk left one space (you should now be in front of the gym). The glitch should activate