Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Female Symbol (Pokemon Amarillo) - Page 1

Female Symbol (Pokemon Amarillo)

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-12-09 19:55:52
Since I got nothing to do, I'd thought I'd do some research on Female Symbol, and what it can do on another version of a Pokemon game. Since it's impossible to get Female Symbol to appear in the English version of the game (endless cry), so I thought see how it effects the Spanish version of the game but I'll need some help in the translation (if anyone can read Spanish). At the moment all I have is a Pokemon Encounter code for Amarillo, but I need a Pokemon modifier code, since I've tried to catch Female Symbol early in the game, and it comes up as a bloody Rhydon, so I've loaded up another later-on data, and when I catch Female Symbol (level 22), its normal, but when sent out has a cry of a Rattata/Raticate. So, if I can get Female Symbol to appear as normal, and not of a Rhydon, I'll get a video as I go along, but way not be able upload because YouTube takes forever, (I have a free account), so if the video fails, I'll have to get pictures, so I'll edit my post as soon as I get Female Symbol to appear as itself.

Edit:

I've caught another one, and it stayed as Female Symbol, so I tested it in battle, and it was level 3 when I caught it, and it knew:

Espora - Sleep Powder
Tenaza (Unsure what it is, I can't see what it does as it doesn't do anything or, it was no effect/no PP)
Danza Petalo - Dance Petal
Clavo Canon - Spike Canon

It just drop to level 1 and learnt MT05 - TM05 and my game crashed when it was used.

Re: Female Symbol (Pokemon Amarillo)

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2009-12-09 20:57:56
Wierd, a glitch only working in a Spanish game?
Just plain wierd….

Date: 2009-12-09 21:05:42
Gary gave me an encounter code for it. Just a second, I'll get the picture of it in the wild. Trouble is, it takes up a lot of the screen if you use Female Symbol in battle.

[IMG]http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh317/GlitchHunterMutouYami/FemaleSymbolV1.png[/img] (Before you check your Pokemon's stats)
[IMG]http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh317/GlitchHunterMutouYami/FemaleSymbolV2.png[/img]

At the moment it needs an insane mount of EXP just to hit level 2 (it does what the YM does, drops levels when it levels up).

Date: 2009-12-09 21:07:11
Huh.
Should be considered APPROVED, but I don't have that power….

Date: 2009-12-09 21:10:44
I don't see why. Female Symbol can be found in the normal English games, but its cry freezes the game. Here's the glitch in battle, but again still refuses to level up.

[IMG]http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh317/GlitchHunterMutouYami/FemaleSymbolinBattle.png[/img]

Date: 2009-12-09 21:36:45
Have you tried using hacks to get infinite Rare Candies?

Date: 2009-12-09 21:53:51
I know wnothing of memory hacking. I've been trying to find other glitches like g J 1, but makes mu Rhydon turn into a brown Nidorino (or as most say Glitcherino).

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2009-12-12 04:32:10
Mutou: checked Bulbapedia, Tenaza is Clamp.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-12-13 15:41:16

I know nothing of memory hacking.
Gameshark would be good to use for the Rare Candies.

Date: 2009-12-13 15:46:48
Ah, thanks for that Wacko, and I don't have any other codes I can't find any. I'm still trying my Spanish Pokemon Game Project, just been a little busy lately.

Date: 2009-12-18 15:51:55
Try these (worked on spanish blue (or red i forget) 7 months ago):
010181CF – buy master balls for nothing in mart
012823D3 & 016324D3 – have 99 rare candies in slot 2 of your bag (Mugendai helped me make those, thx :-))

Date: 2009-12-18 16:01:16
I only have Spanish Yellow and Blue. My project has been on hold, while I couldn't find anything, or the fact some glitches won't appear, they just change my Pokemon's apperance. If my project can get off the ground, I can try getting videos but may not work because YouTube take forever to load up large video files. I'll leave my Assassin in town, (Guild Wars, I've been hooked again since yesterday), and I'll see what I can do.

Edit:

Problem with the Master Ball code, it tends to cause a lined crash screen, and I see no Rare Candies in slot two. I brought Master Balls and they appear like this:
[IMG]http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh317/GlitchHunterMutouYami/Pokemon_Amarillo__Yellow___S___C-1.png[/img]

Edit 2:

Welll I tried the Rare Candies on Azul (Blue), and they work.

Date: 2009-12-19 03:35:58
yeah they must only work on blue, cause that was what i was using at the time. They are tested working on blue though.

Date: 2009-12-19 03:52:48
I need codes for Yellow, so I can see what Female Symbol can do on Amarillo. English codes would no doubt crash the game or get some weird effects, but then again I've been wondering if I can make the Yellow MissingNo. pop up to see if that screenshot I saw a vew years ago was real or not, where the Yellow MissingNo. on Spanish Yellow might be different than the normal Yellow MissingNo. but need to get more further into my current data, where I think I failed to try the trick at the time, but trying to find codes is a pain. Google has nothing, nor does Gamewinners.

Date: 2009-12-22 06:16:49
when i found the GS codes for spanish R/B, I used a memory viewer and looked for the items list near to where it is in the English games.

Oh and btw, have to mention this: French [img]http://glitchcity.info/dexdata/redblue/a/name.PNG[/img] by Darkness_LordII on May 2006