Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

New Charizard Discovered, lv 26 achieved. - Page 1

New Charizard Discovered, lv 26 achieved.

Posted by: Rasengan0
Date: 2009-12-27 23:43:04
So while trying to do the Dokokashira Door glitch it didn't work and I was stuck with a new pokemon - a Nameless Charizard which I have dubbed - Dokozard. So far, I have raised one to Level 26 until I finally found a way around a Super Glitch move that crashes the game as soon as it is offered to be learned.

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNa4LxJ0jKg

So far the following glitches have occurred:

Dokozard cannot be healed by Pokemon Center.
Dokozard makes any pokemon it is above in the party to be treated as non-existent. For Example: If Dokozard is at the top of the party, no pokemon will be healed. However, if Dokozard is at the bottom of the party, all pokemon will be healed. (Except for Dokozard of course).
Dokozard's ID. Number is 00000. You cannot change its name and it gains boosted EXP.
Dokozard's cry is Psyduck's.

This pokemon has EXTREMELY LOW STATS. You MUST train this pokemon by switch-outs. Except at level 25, you must use a rare candy in a certain location to avoid a crash.
Movelist:
lv0: none
lv4: tackle
lv10: aurora beam
lv12: lick
lv20: payday
lv22: agility
lv23: mist
lv24: doubleslap
lv26: learnable only in certain areas by rare candy

Re: New Charizard Discovered, lv 26 achieved.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-12-27 23:51:19
Dokokashira Door glitch

Wait… what?

Is this Pokemon Green?

Posted by: echinodermata
Date: 2009-12-27 23:58:25
seems like an average everyday charizard 'm to me.

EDIT: here's what i found on the "doko kashira door" glitch: http://tasvideos.org/1647S.html
Excerpt: "The glitch is activated by attempting to switch the second item in your inventory with your first pokémon. The ability to switch pokémon by using the select button was removed from later versions; this is how the glitch was 'fixed'…. it has [effects] on the game map…. The doors to various buildings also change their destinations."

Date: 2009-12-28 00:12:17

But it's not, as you can see from the movelist, and YES its pokemon green.

Posted by: xeno
Date: 2009-12-28 00:12:54
Hmm, that's pretty weird…Maybe I should start researching Pokemon Green and Red instead of just classic red?

Also I found a charizard M that was level 26 last night…But that was via gameshark codes so I don't quite count it as a find for me.

Date: 2009-12-28 00:14:51

Hmm, that's pretty weird…Maybe I should start researching Pokemon Green and Red instead of just classic red?

Also I found a charizard M that was level 26 last night…But that was via gameshark codes so I don't quite count it as a find for me.

NONO, this must be raised from LEVEL 2. Watch my youtube video.

Posted by: xeno
Date: 2009-12-28 00:16:47
I'm not saying its the same one, I'm just saying its kinda a strange coincidence that I found one last night, and you post this today…

Your video looks interesting though.

Date: 2009-12-28 00:27:33

EDIT: here's what i found on the "doko kashira door" glitch: http://tasvideos.org/1647S.html
Excerpt: "The glitch is activated by attempting to switch the second item in your inventory with your first pokémon. The ability to switch pokémon by using the select button was removed from later versions; this is how the glitch was 'fixed'…. it has [effects] on the game map…. The doors to various buildings also change their destinations."

The thing is, if you don't do it on your first pokemon, whatever pokemon you sacrifice will become Dokozard, and you have a whole new glitch pokemon. Additinally, you cannot use the door when you get Dokozard.

My team is such as: Bulbasaur (high level, for attacking and trudging through the game) around 27-30 At this moment.
abra(Mew glitch + flash) lv8
Mew: for the rest of the HMs. lv7
Dokozard lv26

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-12-28 16:45:45
Well, if this is pokemon green (or japanese red, whatever) then of course the glitches will be different.

Date: 2009-12-28 20:10:57

That can be explained. (just substitute "version" for "language version")

Date: 2009-12-28 20:39:23

That can be explained. (just substitute "version" for "language version")

Well, Then Dokozard might just be Japanese Charizard 'M

Date: 2009-12-29 18:50:41
I'm still scratching my head at how Charizard 'M could come out of this. Smells like what i call 'improper list effects', not too far off from the Q trick in some respects. I'm not familiar with the workings of doko kashira door effects, so I won't try explaining anything yet.

Posted by: Bassmasta
Date: 2009-12-29 19:46:37

I'm still scratching my head at how Charizard 'M could come out of this.

From what I saw in the video, and from what I know about that glitch, he was able to switch his Rattata with the Pokémon in slot 2, even though there was no Pokémon in slot 2, resulting in Charizard 'M.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-12-29 20:24:46
In the English version of the game, Charizard 'M, does the exact same thing in Green, (being invisble), but if you check your party, you have MissingNo./'M/Charizard 'M.

Date: 2009-12-29 23:10:23
OK, Let me explain. The dokokashira door glitch is activated by obtaining your starter, then obtaining a potion and oaks parcel. Right after that, you encounter a wild pokemon, and then SWITCHING YOUR POKEMON WITH THE SECOND ITEM IN YOUR BAG BY USING SELECT, you then proceed to kill the wild pokemon. Then, you walk a number of steps and enter Gary's house. Then you warp to a location determined by the number of steps you took.

–THIS ABILITY WAS REMOVED IN THE U.S. RELEASED VERSIONS–

Dokozard is the result of me attempting to do the dokokashira door glitch way after in the beginning, then discovering the earliest point possible (which is in my video). I then raised it, along with my Starter to see its movepool and stat gain(VERY low). At level 26, it attempts to learn a super glitch move that crashed my game when it OFFERED to be learned, so I could not exit a battle, or continue my game. Until I discovered I could successfully un-glitchily learn the move in the location shown in the video.

By what I've seen it looks like Charizard 'M HAS A NAME

Dokozard is Nameless. (Albeit, it's impossible to tell for sure since it's impossible to encounter).