Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Reboarding SS anne? a simple way that isn't featured here - why? - Page 1

Reboarding SS anne? a simple way that isn't featured here - why?

Posted by: Rasengan0
Date: 2009-12-28 16:07:06
Why hasn't this been reported yet??

youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9HhN94xUf8

What happened was after you defeat Gary, you deposit all but 1 weak pokemon. Then after you obtain hm01, suicide on the ship so you warp to the pokemon center instead of physically exiting the ship.

Re: Reboarding SS anne? a simple way that isn't featured here - why?

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2009-12-28 16:17:40
ick. badly translated ? glitchy more like :-D Does the Dokokashira Door glitch work on it btw ?

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-12-28 16:49:47

Why hasn't this been reported yet??

It's for pokemon Green. :p

Posted by: Rasengan0
Date: 2009-12-28 20:36:19
Yes, the dokokashira door works only in the original games because you can switch a pokemon with an item in your inventory, thus activating the door, but you can only do this in the beginning of the game. This was fixed by removing the ability to use select to swap pokemon in your party. The re-board SS.anne can be done in any 1st gen themed game (R/B/G/Y/FR/LG)

Date: 2009-12-29 11:38:39
Actually, I think this is where you get HM Cut, then faint your team (by battle, or poison, or whatever).

Posted by: Ashandmisty
Date: 2009-12-29 13:29:23
I still have the odd feeling this was done on purpose. I mean, why would they still have a truck in Firered and Leafgreen?

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-12-29 14:07:26

I still have the odd feeling this was done on purpose. I mean, why would they still have a truck in Firered and Leafgreen?

Oh no, not the "it was in FR/LG! It must be intentional!" argument. The truck was just an easter egg.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-12-29 14:22:58
The reason none of this has been reported, because neither of us can understand Green's text, because it's Japanese. I can only translate the Pokemon names, that's it.

Posted by: glitchuntress
Date: 2009-12-29 16:03:46
Maybe becauses it's obvious?

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-12-29 17:29:49
Wait, so what happened?

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2009-12-30 00:26:19

The reason none of this has been reported, because neither of us can understand Green's text, because it's Japanese. I can only translate the Pokemon names, that's it.

Im pretty sure ANYBODY could translate the PKMN names. Hmmm this is interesting

Date: 2009-12-30 14:34:27
I've been learning Japanese since I was 16, and I know only know the Pokemon names, I can read their names, but I can't read glitch names. If it was possible to hack into the ROMs memory, to change it to English, (the text of course), then the Green Glitch Dex would be complete. Newo was trying to make one before I believe, but was shut down because of the lack of understanding Japanese.

Date: 2009-12-31 06:11:38

I've been learning Japanese since I was 16, and I know only know the Pokemon names, I can read their names, but I can't read glitch names. If it was possible to hack into the ROMs memory, to change it to English, (the text of course), then the Green Glitch Dex would be complete. Newo was trying to make one before I believe, but was shut down because of the lack of understanding Japanese.

Then Bulbapedia is your friend for translating move names/item names aswell.

Date: 2010-01-01 02:31:04
Glitch names are the problem, though. I mean because I read a Japanese manga (translated in English, but has Japanese sound effects), that I've been wrighting down to help me read more of the kanji (I think it's what the Japanese writing is called), and try and self-translate things. I haven't gotten around to trying yet.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-01-01 09:59:30
I'm pretty sure I saw this documented before, also there is a similar 'Infinite Nugget Trick' working on R/B/Y FR/LG  which involves one dying on the rocket who gives you a free nugget after beating the 5 trainers on nugget bridge which I think was also documented.