Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Mew tircking for items?? is it possible? - Page 1

Mew tircking for items?? is it possible?

Posted by: Rasengan0
Date: 2009-12-30 22:31:03
I was looking up some hexadecimal values for the mew trick when I stumbled on TRSrockin's list and wondered "Items???"

Would it be possible to somehow use the mew trick to obtain these items, or replace an item in your bag somehow? more research is needed.

or is it only for the item Gameshark codes?

Red/Blue: http://www.trsrockin.com/hexlist.html

Yellow: http://www.trsrockin.com/hexlist_yellow.html

Re: Mew tircking for items?? is it possible?

Posted by: glitchuntress
Date: 2009-12-30 22:38:14
Doesn't the mew trick involve making the game think that a trainer has just challenged you to a battle but since it doesn't know who challenged you it just uses the codes of the last Pokmon and window you saw. (Or something like that).

However, there are ways of getting items through the mew trick but nothing really valuable.

Posted by: Rasengan0
Date: 2009-12-30 22:42:24

Doesn't the mew trick involve making the game think that a trainer has just challenged you to a battle but since it doesn't know who challenged you it just uses the codes of the last Pokmon and window you saw. (Or something like that).

However, there are ways of getting items through the mew trick but nothing really valuable.

well, how? because if its possible, then it could be a good potential.
Yes, its when u trick the game to think you're in a battle, then you battle another trainer and battle a lv 7 pokemon.

Posted by: xeno
Date: 2009-12-31 02:16:41
If you go REALLY indepth, (past charizard M' and such) then you can get a ton of glitch items, "red's" "blue's" and the TM's past 50, but as far as I know, you can't get them solely using the mew trick.
I could be wrong though.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-12-31 07:26:13
The HEX values for the items are simply the HEX values for the items. That is all. They do not have any connection to the Mew Trick.

Posted by: glitchuntress
Date: 2009-12-31 09:06:05
well, how? because if its possible, then it could be a good potential.

It would only get you an item from the route and you'd have to do this trick over to get the item and that's kind of a lot of work.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-01-01 10:27:46

If you go REALLY indepth, (past charizard M' and such) then you can get a ton of glitch items, "red's" "blue's" and the TM's past 50, but as far as I know, you can't get them solely using the mew trick.
I could be wrong though.

If you used a special over 255 the game would just take 256 as 0 and carry on as 257 as 1, 258 as 2 etc. So even if you used your special as 999 you would still get hex 231 (Cooltrainer Male)

Therefore it is impossible by just the plain old mew trick, another method could be used but that doesn't mean to say we can never force our own items I think somebody found some form of 'item mutation' on the forums before I can't remember who though.

Posted by: echinodermata
Date: 2010-01-01 14:53:39
@Torchickens: It was originally posted on the forums here. As luck would have it, though, it seems that nearly all non-gameshark glitch pokemon don't have item-mutating encounter flags.