Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Revenge of the Lv. 100+ Evos! - Page 1

Revenge of the Lv. 100+ Evos!

Posted by: ACE91
Date: 2006-03-15 15:18:58
Well, after a long hiatus from Glitch researching (which might have just been because I lost interest in it…), I finally decided to get out my aging GBA and Yellow Version and give it another go. I noticed that I still had a Lv. 130 Snorlax and a 4 4 on my Yellow, so I decided to explore more of 4 4's level-up moves, which I never finished documenting before. All went well, and I documented these moves from Level 214 to Level 240:

228 - TM28
230 - TM01
232 - Horn Attack
234 - Super Glitch
236 - Horn Attack
240 - TM14

But then, at Level 240, something that you may have guessed would happen happened: it evolved. It evolved into a newly discovered Yellow Glitch: Glitch #214, PKMN p. PKMN p is a Charmander hybrid that has the sprite of a Charmander, only gray instead of red. Its name has many glitchy symbols besides the PKMN and p, and the name takes up multiple lines. Its cry is improperly terminated, like h Pok? and Z4. Because of this, it ended up freezing my game with its seemingly endless cry one time that I viewed its stats, preventing me from leveling it up or testing anything. I haven't attempted to evolve it again because, quite frankly, it's extremely boring and time-consuming to use all those Rare Candies to level something up to Level 240. I do intend to try it again soon, though, and I'll post its moves and evolutions here. Stay tuned!

Re: Revenge of the Lv. 100+ Evos!

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-03-15 15:26:42
Ah.. Now I know some of what to expect when I do Melchior 3. I wonder what PkMnp's Hex is - we might be able to obtain one of the M2 glitches… :D

Date: 2006-03-15 15:32:05
Its HEX is 214, so its equivalent would be 4h. Know how I know that? Whenever a Pok?mon evolves into a glitch, the name displayed is that of either an attack or an item (I'm not sure which) of the same HEX as the Pok?mon. So… a 4 4 Hy that evolves into a Q says, "Your 4 4 Hy evolved into TM55!" And a 7g evolving into a C-I says, "Your 7g evolved into TM40!" Likewise, this evolution said, "Your 4 4 evolved into TM14!"

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-03-15 15:38:48
Eh… 4h isn't that exciting, being a #250 with a rather mediocre movepool, but… so C-I's equiv is $? That's a #174 glitch… and none of those are yet obtainable! ;)

Date: 2006-03-15 16:43:14
Yes… If you remember, I called it "p" because it had the Pok?-Dollar sign for a name. I've already documented that one. Try looking through my thread on the old SGAF.

Posted by: barneyzhen
Date: 2006-03-18 20:15:29

Ah.. Now I know some of what to expect when I do Melchior 3. I wonder what PkMnp's Hex is - we might be able to obtain one of the M2 glitches… :D
I dont know the hex :'(

Date: 2006-03-19 11:49:07

I dont know the hex :'(
Umm… I just said what its HEX was. It's 214.

Posted by: Darkness_LordII
Date: 2006-05-13 05:32:16
weird i tried to evole 4 4 (with my friend yellow) and he didn't evolve at level 240 instead ( i was on my n 64) the game crash and start really freaky sound i was so freaked. My friend too was freaked but was able to move in close the n 64 (pokemon staduim 1)

When he was 240 . The game Started to be scrambled and making a high big sound. And the LOADING thing never finished to load

on pokemon staduim 2 it was different. The game didn't crashe but freeze for 2 second and then 4 4 was evolving. After the evolution , same thing than staduim 1