Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

The Ditto Trick, with a link cable - Page 1

The Ditto Trick, with a link cable

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2010-04-24 17:50:13
I just saw this on some obscure guide, the only thing I did is re-word it. I suppose this is what everyone did before somebody realised the potential of Ditto's Transform.
You need 2 players (or 2 R/B/Y carts), and a link cable.

Second player gets a Pokémon with Dig.
First player raises a Pokémon with the desired special value, and this Pokémon is the only Pokémon in their party.
Second player does the "Alternative Method" of the Ditto Trick, but stops after step 5 (beating their rival)
Second player does the Glitch City trick and stops after step 4 (when they go out of the Safari Zone after saving and resetting).
Both players link up to battle
Second player defeats first player, and uses up 500 steps in the Colosseum.
First player resets while second player is walking around.
Second player goes back inside the Safari Zone after being warped there, then immediately uses Dig (the start menu should show RESET instead of SAVE), flies to the town nearest to where they flew away from the trainer and walks to where they flew away from the trainer.
Second player's start menu pops up, and it gets dismissed; a wild Pokémon should appear, whose HEX is equal to the first player's Pokémon with the desired special. This Pokémon gets caught.
Second player changes his Pokémon Box to save.

Optionally, for both players to have the Pokémon in their Pokédexes, the second player should reset, withdraw the Pokémon if necessary and trade it to the first player.

Re: The Ditto Trick, with a link cable

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2010-04-24 19:35:29
This is pretty neat, the first time I've seen two major glitches combined.

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2010-04-24 19:41:26
This is pretty neat.

Ditto is obviously a lot better and easier though.

Do you have the link to the site? They may have more interesting things like this.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2010-04-25 08:59:36
The guide is here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gameboy/file/198314/27916

It's under "GETTING ANY POKEMON VIA LINK-CABLE" [sic].

Also, the Ditto Trick we all know and love is a paragraph below.