Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Possible New Cinnabar Glitch - Page 1

Possible New Cinnabar Glitch

Posted by: Firemonkey1
Date: 2010-06-17 21:44:29
Well, I am not entirely certain if this glitch has previously been discovered, yet if you visit any random location and fly to the Cinnabar Island land/surf strip without speaking to the Old Man, then the Pokemon from your previous location shall appear there, all at their normal levels. For instance, inside of my Pokemon Blue Version today, I entered the Cinnabar Mansion, and whenever I exited, I decided to surf down the strip. Apparently, I encountered a feral Ponyta, Level 32, inside of the water while surfing! I am not entirely certain if this functions similar to how your name data must be transported to the strip whenever "Old Man" replaces your name, so I would appreciate if someone could explain this location phenomenon to me.

Re: Possible New Cinnabar Glitch

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2010-06-17 21:48:01
Although this has been known for almost as long as the Old Man glitch itself…
IT ISN'T ON THE WIKI!
Feel free to begin its page. I'll work on it tomorrow when I have time. The Pokémon on the coastline are determined by the last area you were, which is the basis for the Old Man Glitch. The Old Man glitch simply changes the data for the area, causing the Pokémon that appear to be based on the player's name. I don't know the deeper details off the top of my head, but that's the gist of it.

Re: Possible New Cinnabar Glitch

Posted by: Firemonkey1
Date: 2010-06-17 22:11:28
Well, thank you for explaining some of it, despite the fact that I was aware of your name allowing various Pokemon to appear from the Old Man prior to this. I shall just attempt to post some of this onto a random page if I can.
Edit: Never mind, for I do not possess the time to compose an article on this. Feel free to perform it yourself.