Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Pokémon Yellow: Facing glitch - Page 1

Pokémon Yellow: Facing glitch

Posted by: CRC
Date: 2010-06-19 10:01:43
First, find someone that you can talk to by walking up to them

Talk, to that person, but the moment that you press a to talk to them, walk away.

Now this person will be facing the way you have "Talked to them" but will not say anything.

Actually it may work on R/B/G as well, though I have only tested it on my Yellow, please tell me if it works on R/B/G

Re: Pokémon Yellow: Facing glitch

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-06-19 10:26:54

Talk, to that person, but the moment that you press a to talk to them, walk away.

Now this person will be facing the way you have "Talked to them" but will not say anything.

Actually it may work on R/B/G as well, though I have only tested it on my Yellow, please tell me if it works on R/B/G

The trick does work on R/B, but it seems quite difficult to perform to the extent that I've often had to try pressing a directional key and the A button at around the same time. I can't test if its any easier on Pokémon Yellow at the moment because I've just misplaced the game lol, so I'll see if I can find it later.

Please submit new glitches to our wiki, where they can be tested and reviewed there, as we no longer accept "submit a glitch" submissions anymore. Thanks.

Re: Pokémon Yellow: Facing glitch

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2010-06-19 10:28:46

The trick does work on R/B, but it seems quite difficult to perform to the extent that I've often had to try pressing a directional key and the A button at around the same time. I can't test if its any easier on Pokémon Yellow at the moment because I've just misplaced the game lol, so I'll see if I can find it later.

Please submit new glitches to our wiki, where they can be tested and reviewed there, as we no longer accept "submit a glitch" submissions anymore. Thanks.
It should be allowed if the poster simply wants to tell of the glitch rather than write an article. A sub-board for threads like this might be a good idea.