Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Corrupting a Save File... Please help me! - Page 1

Corrupting a Save File... Please help me!

Posted by: gnsquared
Date: 2010-09-30 19:19:57
I know this is an odd request, but I was wondering if anyone could help me get my Yellow Version to display the message "The save file has been destroyed!"

I'm already aware of the instance when a person who has illegally caught Mew connects to Pokemon Stadium. Right now I'm not at a point in my game where I can perform the Mew glitch, and furthermore hooking up my N64 would be a hassle (I just got kittens and they loooove my wires…)

I've also already tried the ZZAZZ glitch and managed to save using the PC. Oddly enough though, this didn't corrupt my save file and the name was changed into a 5 character name, rather than overflowing like it should have (in spite of my original name having more than 3 characters.)

I do have a GameShark, so if anyone knows a code that might help me, or anything at all, please let me know! :)

Re: Corrupting a Save File... Please help me!

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2010-09-30 21:56:38
Choose to save and flick off the second it starts saving

After my game reset due to catching Missingno. / 'M (don't believe me if you don't want to) I made a save file and did this out of anger.

Also, o__O "OwnageMuch, Mugendai, GARY 'M 9 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. "

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2010-09-30 23:42:38
So?  On another board, I've posted while 100+ other registered members and countless anons watched.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-10-01 02:16:06
If you're simply looking to delete your save file there is a safer way of formatting your save file; try activating the in-game factory reset function via the buttons Up+Select+B on the title screen.

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2010-10-01 19:36:28

So?  On another board, I've posted while 100+ other registered members and countless anons watched.

Yeah, but this site has not many active members any more :(