Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Question about gameshark encounter code - Page 1

Question about gameshark encounter code

Posted by: Darkness_LordII
Date: 2010-10-28 13:43:45
long ago ive saw an video about a guy catching a glitch with Prof Oak. Sprite

here the video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EKT9bSDCys

Do any one of you know what the gameshark code he used? (Because even after I asked him that, he never answered)
(I would like to test glitches and mix them to produce glitches like Prof Oak.)
Thanks Alot

Re: Question about gameshark encounter code

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-10-28 14:43:41
"SloshedMail" is a member of our forums, I recall that he posted about the Fire Spin glitch.

The glitch Pokémon which he encountered has hexadecimal identifier E2, though since the 'trainer flag' is activated for any encounters of glitch Pokémon greater than C7, this also means that an encounter with Professor Oak is triggered instead.

To counter-act this problem and receive the same results as in the video, enter:

01E2D8CF (wild Pokémon is RB:226 - normally sets trainer flag)
010157D0 (regard as wild Pokémon battle, not trainer battle)

That's all you really need. Note consequently setting the flag for D057 disables wild battles, you'll have to activate the codes as soon as a new battle about to take place.

Do any one of you know what the gameshark code he used? (Because even after I asked him that, he never answered)
(I would like to test glitches and mix them to produce glitches like Prof Oak.)
Thanks Alot

When combining these codes this wouldn't actually result in a new glitch Pokémon, just the relevant glitch Pokémon with the sprite of a trainer (or indeed activate the ZZAZZ glitch for high values) - it switches back to the normal glitch Pokémon sprite and move data/base stats etc when caught. Also, as you likely already know; if you battle a 'wild trainer' via 010156D0 without setting a Pokémon identifier, the game will render it as the last Pokémon you encountered, otherwise 'M.

Edit: I forgot to mention, this doesn't cover the wild Pokémon's name and HP, you'll have to encounter a Pokémon first to 'nab its name and HP' otherwise it'll say "Wild (blank) appeared" and the encountered 'Pokémon' will faint on the first turn.

Posted by: Darkness_LordII
Date: 2010-10-28 15:11:57
thanks for info. I do remember in the past with alot of Gameshark code that caused me to fight Kabutops fossil Missingno as a trainer and he send me over level 100 glitches (But I guess all those code were generating that illusion like the following one)
Trainer sprite modifier
Probaly a pokémon modifier code to fight trainer with glitches
Level modifier
and etc.
I have a very old french booklet of gameshark code on pokémon blue ,red and yellow but for pokemon pinball as well. Ill check out If I can find those gameshark code without the hassle of checking a complete FAQ of Gameshark code

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-10-28 15:24:10

thanks for info. I do remember in the past with alot of Gameshark code that caused me to fight Kabutops fossil Missingno as a trainer and he send me over level 100 glitches (But I guess all those code were generating that illusion like the following one)
Trainer sprite modifier
Probaly a pokémon modifier code to fight trainer with glitches
Level modifier
and etc.
I have a very old french booklet of gameshark code on pokémon blue ,red and yellow but for pokemon pinball as well. Ill check out If I can find those gameshark code without the hassle of checking a complete FAQ of Gameshark code

You're welcome. Perhaps you entered 010057D0? That is the inverse of 010157D0 and if you encountered a Pokémon, would result in a trainer with the sprite and name of the last Pokémon you saw - and unless I'm mistaken (I probably am), the roster list (but I'm not too sure about trainer class in this case) depends on what level the last wild Pokémon was. Was it Missingno. Kabutops Fossil? (e.g. if you encountered a Level 128 Kabutops Fossil and then entered 010057D0 the next battle would be a trainer named "Missingno." with Kabutops' picture using relative roster #128)