Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Glitch City - Page 1

Glitch City

Posted by: Glitch Hunter
Date: 2010-11-22 10:23:44
I got bored, decided to test stuff, got into glitch city, did what i did with the coin case glitch (Wrote down EVERY effect) JUST for you. enjoy. If used give credit, or whatever.

For reference I have video's of ALMOST all of them (just making the last few) and you can find them by Searching Glitch City Chronicles on Youtube.
[table]
[tr]
[td]Name of town/route Effect Additional
Pallet Town- Causes Glitch City. Unable to move around, can only move on the spot.
Route 1- Causes Glitch City. Can move though limited. Sprite disappears if jump off ledge to right.
Viridian City- Doesnt cause Glitch City. Character exits out of gym when P.A sounds.
Route 2- Doesnt cause Glitch City. Character exits out of building next to Cut Trees after P.A sounds.
Viridian Forest- Doesnt cause Glitch City. Character exits out of building next to Cut Trees after P.A sounds.
Digletts Cave- Doesnt cause Glitch City. Character exits out of building next to Cut Trees after P.A sounds.
Pewter City- Doesnt cause Glitch City. Player exits out of the Pewter City Mart after P.A sounds
Route 3- Causes Glitch City. Unable to move around, can only move on the spot.
MT. Moon- Causes Glitch City. Unable to move around, can only move on the spot.
Route 4- Causes Glitch City. Unable to move around, can only move on the spot.
Cerulean City- Doesnt cause Glitch City. Character exits out of the Bike shop and music doesnt play after P.A sounds.
Route 24- Causes Glitch City. Unable to move around, can only move on the spot.
Route 25- Causes Glitch City. Unable to move around, can only move on the spot.
Sea Cottage/Bills house- Causes Glitch City. Unable to move around, can only move on the spot.
Route 5- Doesnt cause Glitch City. Character exits out of day-care Center after P.A sounds.
Route 6- Causes Glitch City. Easy to move about in.
Vermilion City- Doesnt cause Glitch City. Character exits out of house with boy and Pidgey in after P.A sounds.
S.S Anne -Doesnt cause Glitch City. Character exits out of house with boy and Pidgey in after P.A sounds.
Route 9- Causes Glitch City. Character sprite disappears within Glitch City.
Rock Tunnel- Causes Glitch City. (If flash is not used in cave) When exiting Safari Entrance the spites etc will be as though needing flash. (Untested for using flash) Unable to move around, can only move on the spot.
Route 10- Causes Glitch City. Unable to move around, can only move on the spot.
Lavender Town- Doesnt cause Glitch City. Character exits out of girl with a Cubones house after P.A sounds.
Pokemon Tower- Doesnt cause Glitch City. Character exits out of girl with a Cubones house after P.A sounds.
Route 8- Doesnt cause Glitch City. Character exits out of underground entrance after P.A Sounds.
Route 7- Doesnt cause Glitch City. Character exits out of underground (Cleadon-Saffron) entrance after P.A Sounds.
Cleadon City- Doesnt cause Glitch City. Character exits from the back of flats building after P.A sounds.
Saffron City- Doesnt cause Glitch City. Character exits out of Saffron Mart after P.A sounds.
Route 11- Doesnt cause Glitch City. Character exits out of Digletts Cave after P.A sounds.
Route 12- Causes Glitch City. Limited movement.
Route 13- Causes Glitch City. Character sprite disappears within Glitch City.
Route 14- Causes Glitch City. Lots of space to move about in, almost a proper area.
Route 15- Causes Glitch City. Limited movement.
Route 16- Doesnt cause Glitch City. Character exits above cycling road after P.A sounds.
Route 17- Causes Glitch City. Almost like a proper map. the character automatically walks down (like on cycling road) When character tries to surf, game thinks character is cycling.
Route 18- Causes Glitch City. Unable to move around, can only move on the spot.
Fuchsia City- Doesnt cause Glitch City. Player exits from Safari Zone exit and music doesnt play after P.A sounds.
Safari Zone (Possible?)- Not possible Not possible.
Sea Route 19- Causes Glitch City. Character sprite disappears within Glitch City. Interesting to note that there is a patch of grass within it. Untested for Pokemon.
Seafoam Islands- Causes Glitch City. Fair amount of space to move in, too far left or right stops movement though. Various untested areas of this one.
Sea route 20- Causes Glitch City. Fair amount of space to move in, too far left or right stops movement though. Various untested areas of this one.
Cinnabar Island- Doesnt cause Glitch City. Character exits out of the Cinnabar Mart after P.A sounds.
Sea Route 21- Causes Glitch City. Unable to move around, can only move on the spot.
Route 22- Causes Glitch City. Unable to move around, can only move on the spot.
Route 23- Causes Glitch City. Character sprite disappears within Glitch City.
Victory Road- Causes Glitch City. Character sprite disappears within Glitch City.
Indigo Plateau- Causes Glitch City. Limited space, small surfing space.
Power Plant- Causes Glitch City. Unable to move around, can only move on the spot.[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Re: Glitch City

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2010-11-22 15:34:46
The sea route 21 grass probably wouldn't have Pokemon in it, since it's basically null data and just the tiles of the grass. But try it anyway, I might be wrong. :V

Date: 2010-11-24 08:33:01
When i get time, i'm gonna get the walk through walls going on and check the grass data.

Posted by: MissingNO. #1 Master
Date: 2010-11-25 05:42:49

The sea route 21 grass probably wouldn't have Pokemon in it, since it's basically null data and just the tiles of the grass. But try it anyway, I might be wrong. :V

I would think it would produce either the normal route Pokemon, or 'M.

Date: 2010-11-26 04:39:30
Has anyone actually tested it? Not here now i mean like on bulbapedia or anything? Coz if not then i call dibs on it lol But yeah, it might produce some pokemon because the old games would usually just produce all grass to have a wild pokemon counter thing because of the limited memory, (i figured this out because the old man glitch works via the old man name is stored where something else should be instead of it's own temp place.

Posted by: wooden leg smith
Date: 2013-01-20 21:30:34
I'll assume this is already known but in case it isn't (two things);

-if you re-enter the Safari zone after executing the glitch you'll find a green colored Safari zone and you'll still enter glitch city after your time runs out a second time.

-In Yellow; If you get Pikachu to disappear in the weird tiles (easily by ending on route 15? (route east of Fuscia). After returning to normal Pikachu gives you a message with a bucket on its head and then has a weird expression on its face. I have never gotten this message in any other situation.
-What's this message really for? (how is it normally achieved?) Or is it a glitch message as a result of glitch city?

[this I have experienced on a real gameboy]

———
I didn't see mention of this but on a video I saw they found pokemon in grass either route 14,15 or the cycling road. It seemed like normal pokemon and level that would be found on those routes

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2013-01-20 22:37:50
That image of Pikachu is in the game, after you go fishing Pikachu will have this animation if you talk to it. I would always look at Missingno. and then look at Pikachu at laugh at the bucket sprite because it looked strange. :V Sometimes Glitch City can mess with Pikachu's happiness counter, and reset it back to 0 causing it to dislike you. It can also max out the in game time too sometimes in Yellow.