Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Did I find something in ZZAZZ? - Page 1

Did I find something in ZZAZZ?

Posted by: AKittybox
Date: 2012-02-08 03:51:17
I've seen many ZZAZZ videos on youtbe with all of the possible special stats. None of them are too similar, and at some points are extremely different. Over the past few weeks I've experimented with the glitch, and my results are kinda odd. It might be because every video I watched was on an emulator, and I used a cartridge. That might explain things a little bit, but I'm sure I would have found someone talking about it by now. So the first(and most obvious) difference is that when I heal, when it's done, I get the usual text and then Viridian city's music plays. The whole area gets glitched up and the text box is moved so high, I can only see the bottom few pixels. Inside it is the bottom of a pokemon's sprite. The glitch blocks slide and the pokemon changes. I was on the title screen. I pressed A to see the usual menu. I pressed continue, and the game crashed. So  I tried again, and at that point I pressed B. The title screen was normal, minus Red's absence. Upon selecting new game, it runs as normal, as if nothing had happened. I turned it off and continued experimentation. Oddly enough, if I store my pokemon in my PC, I can heal and run as normal. Upon taking out a pokemon, all pokemon(including the  suicidal overpowered bulbasaurs) change to level 202. I continued by walking around, and there were random blocks occasionally. I then tried  to get it back in a slightly playable state, and not much else was different. Did I discover this or did I not search enough?

Re: Did I find something in ZZAZZ?

Posted by: xeno
Date: 2012-03-09 13:22:51
actually, those are fairly normal glitchy effects for charizard M' or rather "teh zazzorz" in my experience at least.
I think I featured that in a glitch video of mine.
or maybe I didnt….I dont remember…