Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

RBY Infinite Mew Glitch - Page 1

RBY Infinite Mew Glitch

Posted by: bugaham
Date: 2012-02-19 20:26:49
I don't think this has been posted yet, but this is a variation of the mew glitch that I found.

This allows you to do the mew glitch as many times as you want.

You need to have not battled the youngster with the slowpoke that is on the way to Bill's house. Also, you cannot have beaten the Jr. Trainer that is west of nugget bridge. You need a very weak pokemon that knows teleport/fly, so abra is probably your best bet. Also have one weak pokemon that knows a status move. Both need moves like tail whip that don't do damage or have status effects. Also bring along a low level pokemon that can get Mew's health down.

1. As in the regular mew glitch, walk down one step and press start so that the menu pulls up just as he sees you.

2. Teleport/fly away back to the Cerulean Pokemon center.

3. Go inside the Pokemon Center and go up to the PC. Change boxes so that the game will save. You have to do this, or else you can only get one Mew.

4. Make sure you have the status pokemon with you, and some pokeballs. You want to put any strong pokemon you have inside the PC.

5. Go up towards the slowpoke trainer. Don't fight anyone else. When you get to him, walk at least one space in front of him so he walks up to you.

6. You will now battle him. You MUST let him win. This is why you want to have weak pokemon.

7. Now you will be back in front of the Pokemon center. Do not go back inside, or inside any other building.

8. Go west, until you are exactly ONE STEP onto route 4 (Route 4 connects Mount Moon to Cerulean). If you don't go exactly one step or you don't go at all, then the Mew either won't appear or you won't be able to rebattle the Jr. Trainer. You'll know you are on the route when all of the colors change. Do not go any further, instead turn around back towards Cerulean.

9. Go up the nugget bridge. When your menu pops up, press B to close it. You will be fighting the Mew. For some reason, he's level 2 and not level 7 like in the original glitch. Anyways, all he knows is pound. Use a status move on him, and then lower his health. If you accidently kill it, it is okay because as long as you have done the other steps, you should be able to redo the glitch.

10. Go over to the Jr. Trainer, and repeat ;)

I'm not an expert at glitches, so sorry if this has already been discovered! I couldn't find it on youtube or here, so I think it is new.  The 3 factors that are different from the regular mew glitch are saving at the pokemon center, walking onto route 4, and losing to the trainer with the slowpoke. I've played around with these 3, and it's only repeatable if all 3 happen. I don't really know why this works.